Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME 1231 Experience

BusterSaunders

I called ACME today and asked for their recommendation. Based on my use, 2002 Wakesetter, 500ft elev, direct drive, Wedge plus 1000lbs ballast, Monsoon 325, no surfing, I would like to ski and foot once in a while.... they recommended the ACME 1231. He also said I could use the 525 and that I was "borderline" but to go with the 1231.

So here I am between two props again. Any one have experience with either they can share?

Edited by BusterSaunders
3 minutes ago, sonny20 said:

What speed do you expect to foot and ski?

its been years since i skied but I'd imagine I'd barefoot around 36mph. I only weigh 160lbs but I wanna leave some room in case i get fat

Per ACME: "Your boat had a factory top speed of 46. You could take off 1.5mph for the 525 and another 1.5mph for the 1231"

2 minutes ago, MadMan said:

What prop do you have now?

13x13 stainless. CVP I think. Its aftermarket. The PO ran in shallow water and trashed the factory prop. I think they bought the cheapest thing that would propel them forward. It washes out real bad and top speed is like 36 -38. Terrible rooster

Edited by BusterSaunders

The factory prop for many of that era was a 381.  People opted for a 537 as the weighting increased and since many other props were used as upgrades.  

7 hours ago, dlb said:

The factory prop for many of that era was a 381.  People opted for a 537 as the weighting increased and since many other props were used as upgrades.  

I should have mentioned it is a direct drive