Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

340 Monsoon 04 23lsv

I just bought a 04 Malibu 23LSV and the boat is in great shape however I have a couple questions. One will be about all the MLS switches and what they do? Second is it was March 3rd and I decided to go ski behind it for the first time. With 11 people on board my girl hit it when I gave the thumbs up and the pull lasted about 13ft... She put in neutral and my dad was helping her make sure it was not the boat. She lined up again and when 100% full throttle... again pulled real nice for about ten feet then sort of slowed back down until she backed off... On the third try I had her go 90% throttle and i dragged a bit more but it worked fine... Any thoughts on why when it is forced to go full throttle it cuts to a basic idle?

Thank you

welcome to the crew.

was the engine warmed up sufficiently?  

the ecm will limit engine rpm if the thermostat indicates that the engine has not yet warmed up.

if the engine was hot then, perhaps, you have a bad coolant temp circuit.

here are 2 temp. circuits/thermostats; one for the ecm and the other for the gauge on the dash.  

the thermostat or wiring could be sick.