Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which one of you guys forgot the plug?

Andrew999

3 minutes ago, onwi said:

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I see it has a Wisconsin title.  Does it say where the boat is now?

2016 MALI BOAT

Boat Certificate Of Title
Warning: Not actual miles on odometer.
Flood Salvage Boat
Cudahy, Wisconsin

28 minutes ago, shadetreefab said:

I'd give them 1k for tower and gates and swim deck and wedge

Exactly.  If you can get it cheap enough, pull everything you can and resell it.

Interesting:

MALI BOAT Primary Damage: water/flood. Secondary damage: all over. No Keys. Estimated pre-damage value: $11,720 Warning: Not actual miles on odometer.

Edited by JeffC

That's gotta be the trailer. I'm too far south for this but if someone was enterprising I bet they could call that guy with the trailer and maybe get the scoop on the boat and what happened. 

I don't get the pre damage value either Jeff its obviously missing a digit on the end. 

I was looking at a mastercraft in Dallas once at a salvage just like this I was working up there and swung in to take a look. It looked like someone had beached it hard but nothing too ugly to repair no milky oil the engine turned and the interior was roached. I threw a couple bids in and thought I was doing ok. I tapped out at 8k this sucker went up to 23k I think. Maybe in winter when all the northern boat guys are hibernating you might get lucky but the shops down here clearly watch this stuff like a hawk. 

First pic shows fiberglass damage above the rub rail and lots of scratches on the hull.  I wonder if it came off the trailer or something?  Dry land accident?  That would explain it sitting on the ground.  Do any of you tow with the Bimini is up?

12 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

First pic shows fiberglass damage above the rub rail and lots of scratches on the hull.  I wonder if it came off the trailer or something?  Dry land accident?  That would explain it sitting on the ground.  Do any of you tow with the Bimini is up?

Possibly came off the trailer, and fell into a lake. Looking closely at the info it say's flood damage. :biggrin:

Steve B.

I think that is ice sitting on the interior floor of the main cabin.  I would be pretty interested to know if they winterized before the accident.  Otherwise, you need to factor in the cracked/frozen engine replacement as part of the cost, which I think would make the price swing quite a bit either way.  

Edited by TallRedRider
10 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

There is a TON of value in that boat. Even if it sunk, you can probably get the majority of the boat back working again.

But at what cost?  There seems to be a fair amount of damage/missing pieces.  It will be interesting to watch what happens with this... So someone on the crew should buy it! :lol:

Edited by BadgerBoater55

When they sink, they don't sit still at the bottom too often. And if it sunk on a rocky bottom, they get beat up pretty good. Someone will buy it, fix it up, spray it, flip it to some unsuspecting sole. May last a long time and look great, may not...