Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini Extension, anyone got one they can measure for a build?

jcon44

Hello TMC, My wife has been after me for awhile to get an extension to our Bimini. They are not being made anymore and are hard to come by so I'm trying to get details to have one made. Does anyone have one on an 07ish LSV illusion X that they could take some pictures and measurements of?  Thanks in advance!

Who made the bimini? If it was Apex/Commercial Sewing they should have templates and can sell to you directly. If it was Great Lakes, I know they have templates and should be able to sell to you directly. Both are in TN near the Malibu factory. Apex is at 500 RPM Dr., Laudon, TN, and GLBT is at 15 Quality Cir, Vonore, TN. Both have all the contact info on their websites, but it's rush season for them so you have to be persistent to talk to anyone on the phone.

18 hours ago, mikeo said:

Who made the bimini?

No clue, were all theses companies making bimini's for Malibu in 07? I honestly don't know. I bought the boat used on 2010. I assumed they came from Metcraft along with the towers. Thx,

There should be some label on the bimini, but since it's 10 years old the tag may be faded/gone or the canvas may have been replaced at some point. You can send a picture to both Apex/CS and GLBT to see if they can identify the bimini as one of theirs. Also if you call Malibu support with your HIN they can provide a build list of everything that went in to your boat when it was built and how it left the factory. Some data is limited based on age, but '07 should have a decent list of info available.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mikeo said:

There should be some label on the bimini, but since it's 10 years old the tag may be faded/gone or the canvas may have been replaced at some point. You can send a picture to both Apex/CS and GLBT to see if they can identify the bimini as one of theirs. Also if you call Malibu support with your HIN they can provide a build list of everything that went in to your boat when it was built and how it left the factory. Some data is limited based on age, but '07 should have a decent list of info available.

Thanks, lots of good information hear. will let you know what I am able to find out.