Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

first post ever...need help

bofer

hey guy and girls, im happy to be appart of this site, some awesome informatin on here. the only complaint i have is that i have a feeling this site is going to put a dent in my wallet--some of the mods on here are SICK and are making me axious Yahoo.gif .

anyway. ok, i have a delema, here goes. i have a 06 21 sunscape lsv with the stock ballast in the ski locker (i think its like 500 lbs, not sure on this) but i dont have any ballast tanks in the rear locker. i purchased a pair of 440 lb Vdrive fat sacks for the rear lockers but was wondering if there was a simple way to hook them up to the factory pump-this way i can just flip the switch on the dash and fill/empy all three bags.

Also, with all 3 bags full, 440+440+500, how low will this make my boat sit in the water with 4 college kids on board?

With the wedge deployed, will this setup make for a good surfing wake?

more info---

1. the factory ballast is fully automatic, meaning i can flip a switch and it fills, flip the switch the other way and it drains.

2. i consider myself to be somewhat handy, but dont know much about this sort of stuff

3. i have a manul pump, meaning i can drop it over the side if it is to complicated to hook this up myself

Hey bofer- Welcome..

where are you located?...

I'd start by searching some of the discussions we've had about ballast around here, and check out some of your local 'crew members... see how they have theirs setup. Sometimes seeing it will help you visualize what you need to do.

Best of luck and enjoy your new boat, and your new found family!

It should be pretty easy to do what you are asking. All you need to do is install the pumps (hopefully you have 2 extra thru hull fittings in the rear) Electrically you will want to use a relay to connect all 3 pumps to the dash switch to handle the current, but I'd suggest you do two extra switches instead. If you plan on surfing it will be nice to be able to fill only one side or the other at a time.

With just the ballast you have described the boat won't sit very low in the water, even with 4 big adults. Add 3000 lbs and 10 people then you start to sit a bit low.

Welcome to the site!

Let's be clear on this...Per Edwin you need at least two spins, HS/TS and Switch and at least 3 inverts before adding any ballast to your boat. Have you met this requirements?

Welcome to the site bofer

Just plumb the sacs in as the tanks were - thats how we have it in ours.

Brad, He's got a sunscape - didn't have any installed ballast in the lockers.. Apears he is starting from scratch

Let's be clear on this...Per Edwin you need at least two spins, HS/TS and Switch and at least 3 inverts before adding any ballast to your boat. Have you met this requirements?

stop it, I'm in tears laughing so hard...

ROFL.gifROFL.gifCry.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

yea, im starting from scratch. the only fat sack i have in my boat is the factory one in the belly of the boat.

stop it, I'm in tears laughing so hard...

ROFL.gifROFL.gifCry.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

me toooo!!!

Plus1.gif

ok...dont get whats so funny, must be an inside thing

Where do you ride in Tampa? I just moved from there after living in Tampa Palms for the last 8 years - went to high school and college in Florida too. We always rode at Lake Carroll off N. Dale Mabry.

ok...dont get whats so funny, must be an inside thing

what's so funny