Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is the height of a 2014 24MXZ ..... Garage Build!

ncarilli

Does anyone know the height of a 2014 24MXZ at the top of the tower when sitting on a Boat Mate Trailer with 18" wheels?  I am building a garage and my boat is still in storage, my garage is going to have 12' ceilings and the garage door company said the tallest door I can go with is 10' 9" for clearance with the ceiling.  I want to be able to pull my boat in without folding the tower down, so my question is can it fit with the 10' 9" tall door or do I need to build the walls 12'3" so I can go with an 11' tall door.  If anyone has a 24MXZ and can measure the total height sitting on the trailer that would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know the height, but if you are considering resale, I would try to make that garage taller.  More folks have an RV than about with a tower, and you need a 14' door for an RV.

But, if you can't do it, a garage for you is more important than a garage for the next owner.

I don't know the exact size, but it's under 10'6" as we have a door that height.  For comparison, a 2017 24 MXZ sits at 10'7" with tower up & that boat grew quite a bit bigger than it's predecessor.  

Thanks Guys!  I'm never moving!  I just want to make sure I can get my boat in with the tower up!  It sounds like a 10' 9" Garage door will work!

38 minutes ago, ncarilli said:

Thanks Guys!  I'm never moving!  I just want to make sure I can get my boat in with the tower up!  It sounds like a 10' 9" Garage door will work!

Just me but consider going a little taller for the boat you'll want 5-10 years from now too. I'm stuck with a 10' door and it works fine for my current boat but anything I upgrade to will require me to drop the tower, or reframe and hang new doors in my shop.

I could fit my 2015 under a 10' door, barely but it fit.  Go as big as possible, because even though you may never move, and have no intention of acquiring an RV.  Boats are not getting any shorter, seeing how much they have swelled in the last 3 years, I can't help bit think they will be even bigger 3 years from now....but I don't have 2020 vision so...what do I know.....

• Like 2
On 3/13/2017 at 6:13 PM, ncarilli said:

Does anyone know the height of a 2014 24MXZ at the top of the tower when sitting on a Boat Mate Trailer with 18" wheels?  I am building a garage and my boat is still in storage, my garage is going to have 12' ceilings and the garage door company said the tallest door I can go with is 10' 9" for clearance with the ceiling.  I want to be able to pull my boat in without folding the tower down, so my question is can it fit with the 10' 9" tall door or do I need to build the walls 12'3" so I can go with an 11' tall door.  If anyone has a 24MXZ and can measure the total height sitting on the trailer that would be greatly appreciated.

C7B4A17E-38AD-458D-B07E-E6E01AEC77DE_zpsI have 15 inches left above my 12 VLX , wouldn't think the new ones were that much taller. 10'9" door 12' ceiling.