Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Video question

MalibuHorn

I have a 2016 wakesetter. Anyone know if you can play video from your phone to the big display?  I can't seem to find any details in the owners manual about the plugs in the glove bow and what they are used for. Thought there would be a video online somewhere but have had no luck.  

Thx.  

In your glove box there is a video in input.  Not sure if it works for the iPhone, but there is an iPhone adaptor that use to go from your iPhone cable to a video cable.  I imagine it would probably work.

something like this?

http://m.staples.com/Apple-Composite-AV-Cable/product_164167?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:164167&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=164167&KPID=164167&cvosrc=PLA.google-SALES.Computer Accessories %26 Peripherals&cvo_crid=46392085662&cvo_campaign=194517462&gclid=Cj0KEQiA3Y7GBRD29f-7kYuO1-ABEiQAodAvwMMh7hAegjX_LiWs6KleDvB0L3o54UPnw7F_c8IQPe0aArEB8P8HAQ

Only problem with the above, is the old style connector. The adapters to the new lightening plug don't transfer video, so you can't go that route.  new style lightening cords only seem to covert to hdmi. Maybe check amazon for something.

The display is 480i composite, and meant for a camera hookup (at least in my 2015). I found a box to go from 1080p to 480i but the quality wasn't worth it. There is supposed to be a way to record video on an SD card in the back of the 7" computer from the tower cam, but I haven't been able to get the SD card to be recognized yet.

I'll post more on this when i'm not traveling.

3 hours ago, mikeo said:

The display is 480i composite, and meant for a camera hookup (at least in my 2015). I found a box to go from 1080p to 480i but the quality wasn't worth it. There is supposed to be a way to record video on an SD card in the back of the 7" computer from the tower cam, but I haven't been able to get the SD card to be recognized yet.

I'll post more on this when i'm not traveling.

That's can be a formatting issue for the sd card and you have to find out which type the system requires, sometimes hard to find or sometimes  it's just  standard vs high speed or both speed and formatting