Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rammed my board rack!

jeffmx

Tonight after a great day on the Delta, (did you clean your boat yet DB252?) I was backing the boat into the carport, and rammed the freakin board rack into the steel post. Luckily I wasn't going fast, so I took it apart to check the damage.

The only damage was the bolts that held the board rack forks were bent . Easy fix,replace the bolts, and as good as new.

I may have to lose my swingout bracket,though, it is a tight fit.

That's good news that you took minor damage. I have a tight fit under the garage door with mirror arm attached to the tower. It's a PITA to take it on and off every time out but it's worth it. Take off the accessories - one small move can ruin your whole day.

That's good news that you took minor damage. I have a tight fit under the garage door with mirror arm attached to the tower. It's a PITA to take it on and off every time out but it's worth it. Take off the accessories - one small move can ruin your whole day.

Yea, I was pretty happy the bolts bent and not the board rack.I bought some spares.

But I refuse to have take stuff off the boat every time. To much of a PITA, and I will forget anyway.

Worse case, I will have to get rid of those swing out hydrolic brackets, and go back to the stock ones, I really don't need those with the Illusion tower anyway, and I can gain about 6''.

Tonight after a great day on the Delta, (did you clean your boat yet DB252?) I was backing the boat into the carport, and rammed the freakin board rack into the steel post. Luckily I wasn't going fast, so I took it apart to check the damage.

The only damage was the bolts that held the board rack forks were bent . Easy fix,replace the bolts, and as good as new.

Twas a great day on the Delta! Ok Jeff, the difference between how clean our boats are in reference to what time we each get off the water. 5pm......8pm. Biggrin.gif

Twas a great day on the Delta! Ok Jeff, the difference between how clean our boats are in reference to what time we each get off the water. 5pm......8pm. Biggrin.gif

Dave,

Here is the correct timeline...

It was more like leave the water at 7, home at 7:30, (thats the part you got me beat!) where it is still 96 degrees at the house, washed the boat, rammed the board rack, finished putting the boat away,fed the dog, ate a bowl of frosted flakes,took a shower, and in bed by 10ish. Biggrin.gif

Oh yea, you don't have lights yet....! Biggrin.gif

No reason to let a little hostility affect our business transaction. Just think of all that extra time you have in the day when you get off the water.