Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 LSV // delivery on Thursday // Super stoked!

FlyBoyCoy

Can't wait to see your new ride! I'm doing the exact same thing, getting a 2016 LSV with 0 hours on it. I'm also super thankful for this message board, and the years of valuable information I've gotten here. My current bu' will likely go to a family with 3 boys, and I know they'll love it. I've had it for 9 years, and I've had so many amazing memories on this boat, it will be really hard to see it go. Also am intrigued by your stereo post, and will stay close to see what you end up doing. My old Bu' has a completely bad a** stereo that I put a ton of time and $$ into. Good luck with the new boat, I won't be far behind! 

ok thanks! lets try this out!

Here is how the boat sits as of now.  I will be making an easy change to this...

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-06%20at%2012.13.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-06%20at%2012.13.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-06%20at%2012.14.

I wanted to tie the white on the sides below the rub rail further up into the top deck, rather than the blue/black/blue combo above the rail.  The idea is to wrap the black area of the top deck so the combo is blue/white/black.  I verified with a couple wrap companies they can help with this and the black won't bleed.  the white wrap has an opaque behind it blocking any color.  Pretty fascinating to me.  See below a few renderings I did (I am no pro at photoshop type programs bye -  the wrap guys said it should be no problemo.)

BlueBu3b_zpsckbfchc6.png

BlueBu3ac_zpspeerspil.png

BlueBu3ad_zpsmmxwuflm.png

Edited by FlyBoyCoy
  • Like 3

The interior colors are Sandstone base with Driftwood beads and accent.  The Driftwood on the bead looks like a light gray/taupe and the new vinyl/cloth feeling material thats in Driftwood has a metallic light gray/taupe look to it.  It looks really slick.  When I first saw the build sheet I was little weary. It has the Driftwood colored carpet too rather than the sea deck which again, surprisingly looks like a taupe-ish gray.  The rear steps are in gray sea deck.  (am I calling that right?.. sea deck?  the squishy foam?) 

9 hours ago, FlyBoyCoy said:

1E0F99B9-871E-49C4-857B-25D20DF395D6_zps

LOVE the classic blue/white combo.  Always looks good!

On a side note... I wonder if stealing a Bu' from a baby is as easy as stealing candy from a baby.... :rofl:

Congrats on the boat! Be sure to show us some pictures once it is out on the water!

Oh she loves the volume knob and the horn already! It's her "bo"

Infiniti does a great job. 6 speed tranny and I think 400hp? Much better than the 5.4 in my old expedition. Has tow haul too so downshifts in the stop. It's my wife's car tho as a Christmas present... I think I may Indian give soon! Ha

Edited by FlyBoyCoy

Ok so it went great! Love love love it!

Tested all the systems and had fun learning it. 

As reported by others - with all tanks filled and the plug n plays topped at surf speeds we were riding, what I would consider, abnormally bow high. The solutions to the high deck angle being 1) less weight in the plug plays 2) more weight in the nose 3) adjust the wedge to "lift" position.

1) seems silly since we want more weight

2) obvious solution adding more weight always good but I'd love to not toss a pump over to fill an external sac if at all possible

3) I tried this and it worked great to lower the deck angle but in my early thoughts I wonder is this the same net effect on the surf wave as less weight in the rear? It looked pretty good initially. 

Feedback?

ahopkins22LSV

What wedge setting and speed were you going?

Wheb I run a LSV for promo and demo events we run about 10.8-11mph and I never go above the second bar from ramp on the wedge setting. Bow rise is obviously still there but it's not too bad. Optimally bow weight is the best solution though. 

Agree with ahop ... I don't feel like the wedge does much beyond the second click w/o bow weight.  The bow rise gets unmanageable and the way only gets marginally better.  Bow weight plus 4-5 clicks and BAM! the push is awesome.  

Are you running around 11.0? That drops the bow a bit from say 10.5.

I think you're going to want bow weight since you'll want to use the wedge to get the best wave push. You could plumb a reversible pump to the bow for a bow or walkway bag, either through your dealer or DIY. That runs around $1000 through the dealer here, or about half that if you're inclined to do it yourself.

Here's a good discussion and example:

What if... 

What if filled the factory bow tank and when filled - capped it. What's this thing way 200 lbs? 250? I can handle that being full all the time. Then use the factory pumps and pump water lines up to where the cupholders live in the bow (add hose length and quick release fittings) - and run to an external bow sack. May be tricky to drain however. Just a thought. 

Your thoughts?

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, FlyBoyCoy said:

What if... 

What if filled the factory bow tank and when filled - capped it. What's this thing way 200 lbs? 250? I can handle that being full all the time. Then use the factory pumps and pump water lines up to where the cupholders live in the bow (add hose length and quick release fittings) - and run to an external bow sack. May be tricky to drain however. Just a thought. 

Your thoughts?

I would just stash lead in the bow if you are OK with weight being there all the time.

2 hours ago, FlyBoyCoy said:

What if... 

Your thoughts?

I like your thinking.  If having weight up front all the time is no problem for you, then I would get 250 pounds of lead and put it up there.  Then you can discharge the tank for 'low weight' runs.  I think the only reasonable place to stash the lead is in front of the subwoofer and under the glove box.  Maybe someone who has done this with your exact boat will be able to speak up more.