Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 2401 feedback

ConnollyCrew

I am going to try one on a 23 LSV. Probably be mid Apr before I have some results. Per another thread OJ is making a prop about halfway between the 2277 and 2401 that might be a great option. I think it was a 945A but double check.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Sailvi767 said:

I am going to try one on a 23 LSV. Probably be mid Apr before I have some results. Per another thread OJ is making a prop about halfway between the 2277 and 2401 that might be a great option. I think it was a 945A but double check.

Post those results pls

• 6 months later...
On 3/10/2017 at 10:28 PM, Sailvi767 said:

Did you ever run the 2401?

On 3/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

Is anyone running this prop on a late model Malibu with the 6.2 Raptor? If so, share your experience... thanks

I own a 2017 23 lsv 410hp and we ride at 1000ft with the 2401 prop and I wouldn't use anything else. I first got it for my 2016 23lsv to cut down on the noise of the tranny. Since it doesn't make for a strong holeshot ,but roles out the power gradually, it was a perfect solution to replace the high torque prop that came standard on the 2016. I put it on the 2017 to cut down on the RPM's and raise the top speed which is about 41 mph. We consistently run 750's in the rear and about 500lbs in the bow along with all internal ballast...the RPM's with this setup along with the wedge never goes above 3400 rpm's.

Just make sure that you have weight in the bow because the 2401 doesn't like too much bow rise. Without weight up front you may have a difficult time getting up to 10.8 mph with the throttle fully down. Also, if you wakeboard, you won't be able to run as heavy as you do surfing with the 2401. I empty the pnp's to about a quarter and even then it takes a little to get on plane, but once you are on plane the prop is great. I think you will really like it as long as you stay at a low elevation.   

Also, I have a friend with a 2017 23 lsv and he uses the 2277 prop which does have a little more power, but I never seem to be able to get a good wave with his boat. But everyone loves the wave on my boat, so we are thinking it could be his prop.

• Like 1