Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help needed. Can't find depth finder or 04 sunsetter lxi

32off

I have an 04 Sunsetter that somehow does not have a built in depth finder...I operate on poorly marked lake and really need one. Malibu has provided NO help at all. My dealer says they don't have them unless you want to replace your entire electrical system!!! Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. 

I had to mount a through hull style on our 02 lsv, it was like 100 bucks. Very simple install, and had a space to mount it by the throttle. Glue in from the inside and so no drilling. 

Looks like Lowrance still makes this kind of setup, but it costs more now.

As mentioned there are a ton of options. Go to West Marine and they can help you out. You can get virtually anything from a simple digital depth readout to something that maps the bottom, finds fish and displays a chart of the lake. Since your hull is solid glass you can simply epoxy the transducer inside the hull to shoot through the glass and no drilling is required. Pour a little epoxy on the hull and stick the transducer into it. Best location is by the engine area to get a level mount.

Edited by Sailvi767

Take a look under your boat.  If there's a flat black disk flush with the bottom near the raw water intake that's a depth transducer.  Here's what I did: