Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge 2 on an Axis A20

SCMike

That is AWESOME. Pretty simple concept since it's not "smart". By that I mean, it's completely manual and has no indication of where it's set. The downside there is that you can really 1. Hurt someone by accidentally actuating while swimmers are in the water. 2. Cause damage to your boat/wedge by driving too fast with it down. 3. No way to "dial in" correct settings other than feel.

If this could mimic the "lift" feature of the Malibu PW2 then I would be seriously interested. Otherwise it's cool but nothing I would fork over a couple grand for. 

21 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

That is AWESOME. Pretty simple concept since it's not "smart". By that I mean, it's completely manual and has no indication of where it's set. The downside there is that you can really 1. Hurt someone by accidentally actuating while swimmers are in the water. 2. Cause damage to your boat/wedge by driving too fast with it down. 3. No way to "dial in" correct settings other than feel.

The wedge is not sharp and it's moving way to slow to hurt anyone!  I understand the rest but I think that one is over the top

21 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I am not sure about this boat and what was built into it.  But, something I think is cool is my local dealer has built a tool to put on the boat to simulate it is moving forward in order for the wedge to stow.  Each year for the last 5 years, we have had a boat in the air to demonstrate how surfgate and power wedge works.  It is usually a hit.  When I see videos like this, I often forget about that requirement they have to be moving because I know it can be "tricked".

56 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

The wedge is not sharp and it's moving way to slow to hurt anyone!  I understand the rest but I think that one is over the top

Except when someone's leg gets stuck between it and the swim platform while it's moving. That is why Malibu forces you to be going at least 4mph (not sure exactly what it is) for the wedge to be able to be stowed... I'm not saying it's a huge risk. Just sayin'.

54 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

I am not sure about this boat and what was built into it.  But, something I think is cool is my local dealer has built a tool to put on the boat to simulate it is moving forward in order for the wedge to stow.  Each year for the last 5 years, we have had a boat in the air to demonstrate how surfgate and power wedge works.  It is usually a hit.  When I see videos like this, I often forget about that requirement they have to be moving because I know it can be "tricked".

Yeah, there is some demo mode you can put it into so that you can show-off the technology at boat shows as well as test them on the trailer when troubleshooting. It's fun to work the boatshow with the surf-band and play with the wedge or scare people with a side-to-side transfer.

32 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Yeah, there is some demo mode you can put it into so that you can show-off the technology at boat shows as well as test them on the trailer when troubleshooting. It's fun to work the boatshow with the surf-band and play with the wedge or scare people with a side-to-side transfer.

It's a speed simulator that is plugged into the paddle wheel input.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

Except when someone's leg gets stuck between it and the swim platform while it's moving. That is why Malibu forces you to be going at least 4mph (not sure exactly what it is) for the wedge to be able to be stowed... I'm not saying it's a huge risk. Just sayin'.

You sure its stowed not deployed? I know my wave/wake manipulation equipment can only be "deployed" after reaching 3mph as its a safety feature for loading on a trailer etc so you don't damage the equipment and boat. I have to agree I don't think the wedge would cut someone's arm off as it moves pretty slowly.

13 minutes ago, nohlan4 said:

You sure its stowed not deployed? I know my wave/wake manipulation equipment can only be "deployed" after reaching 3mph as its a safety feature for loading on a trailer etc so you don't damage the equipment and boat. I have to agree I don't think the wedge would cut someone's arm off as it moves pretty slowly.

The wedge cannot go up until the boat is moving.  @boardjnky4 is correct.  It can be deployed at any time. 

There is also an internal pressure bypass to prevent injury if something gets stuck in there.

I wouldn't recommend trying it out though. I bet it would still hurt like hell and bruise you up.

On 3/10/2017 at 10:01 AM, nohlan4 said:

Again snd others have said on forums, how many times have you driven the boat on with floating wedge in full down position( me personally at least 4), it doesn't  make  any diff and it drives straight on totally down much less partially deployed 

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:04 AM, granddaddy55 said:

Again snd others have said on forums, how many times have you driven the boat on with floating wedge in full down position( me personally at least 4), it doesn't  make  any diff and it drives straight on totally down much less partially deployed 

Suppose the trailers were designed for the clearance in case something goes wrong but I wouldn't be doing it on purpose. I also have to power load onto my trailer so that makes a difference for me. Also I don't even have a wedge on my boat lol.

Just now, nohlan4 said:

Suppose the trailers were designed for the clearance in case something goes wrong but I wouldn't be doing it on purpose. I also have to power load onto my trailer so that makes a difference for me. Also I don't even have a wedge on my boat lol.

Again 0 issues , my last trip in February it was down as I stepped off boat to go get truck I remembered it was down and I almost got back in to hand raise it but I was dry and my shoes were on so I said **ck it, wife drive on no issues and yes trailer is designed for it