Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New boat walkthough

TheRockofMaryland

So I just got the call that our new LSV has arrived at the dealer.   They say they don't want to unwrap it for a little while since there is still a chance of snow around here this winter, despite what it seems outside.    So #1, That is KILLING me.   

#2.   Does anyone have any recommendations as to things to look for on a new boat like this before we take delivery of it?  This is a trade of a used boat we got last year and we pretty much just jumped feet first into that one and had a lot of problems last season and I am trying to be better about the process this season.  

Thanks in advance!  

One recommendation would be when you start your break in make a list and write it down for the 20 hr service.  It's easy to forget something when your out on the water.  Nice to get the 20 hr done and take care of your short list of items.  Don't be surprised if you have a few little items that will need addressed, pretty common in all brands.

Your dealer should go over the entire boat and trailer with you when you pick it up.

• Like 1

Double check all of your lighting after a few trips.   Make sure all of your trailer lights work, and do not have water ingress.  I have had multiple bad LED, boatmate. Extreme, doesn't matter. 

Fman makes an excellent point,  just keep a list,  you will most likely have a coupe of minor issues.  

1 hour ago, NAW said:

While waiting for your boat, read your Owners Manual.

^^^^ Big time

i learned my menus that way and the most important thing in a free cushion or hinged cushion boat, tilt your cushions each and every time you use your boat 

i read it after delivery and the dealer lead mechanic was so proud how they washed my boat for me but then put the cushions down and the carpet down and I didn't know they were wet till a day after I got boat home and it was storming so after reading went outside and carpet snap out pad was starting degrade and mildew and one of my cushions in front had one lateral seam that had begun to mildew and smelled of it,  hate my dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by granddaddy55

Thanks everyone for the input so far, all great stuff.   One of my concerns is that I will take the boat with blemishes that I don't notice.  how "perfect" are they responsible for making the boat?

16 hours ago, TheRockofMaryland said:

Thanks everyone for the input so far, all great stuff.   One of my concerns is that I will take the boat with blemishes that I don't notice.  how "perfect" are they responsible for making the boat?

Hey Rock, I got relatives to visit up there, can I get a pull and a surf from the new LSV owner?  What waterway do you guys run?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Hey Rock, I got relatives to visit up there, can I get a pull and a surf from the new LSV owner?  What waterway do you guys run?

anytime, always welcome seasoned rider/drivers to show give me tips on how it is done!   We bounce back and forth from Annapolis to deep creek in western md.   Wish we spent more time at the lake, but work always gets in the way.  

12 minutes ago, TheRockofMaryland said:

anytime, always welcome seasoned rider/drivers to show give me tips on how it is done!   We bounce back and forth from Annapolis to deep creek in western md.   Wish we spent more time at the lake, but work always gets in the way.  

Are you in the harbor or is there a river to go up to, thx for the politically correct description and I don't have kids I am the kid, I wear kids out

Edited by granddaddy55
2 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Are you in the harbor or is there a river to go up to, thx for the politically correct description and I don't have kids I am the kid, I wear kids out

ha, i like that.   We are on the magothy river, just north of Annapolis.  

• Like 1