Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 LSV // Ladder

FlyBoyCoy

I saw an older post regarding the rear deck ladder option when they were on the side - prior to surfgate. Anyone have feedback on the ladder off the rear of the platform and how it affects the surf wake - if at all? I have the option to add it and curious before I make a decision. Thx

I added it to my boat after the fact.  And it was expensive - had to replace the pad as well.  It works very well.  My 74 year old father couldn't get in the boat without it.

No effect on the wake.

I was looking at doing this with an aftermarket.  After talking to the guys at my local dealer they said people who did this ended up adding some fiber glass strips to the bottom of the deck to run screws into.  Did you guys who added this do that?

23 hours ago, ChainSetter said:

I was looking at doing this with an aftermarket.  After talking to the guys at my local dealer they said people who did this ended up adding some fiber glass strips to the bottom of the deck to run screws into.  Did you guys who added this do that?

I had my dealer do the install.  But I haven't noticed any strips in the bottom of the platform.

It's my understanding (and I could be wrong here) the late model platforms are built up for the ladder option so no reinforcement is needed - although the deck pad must be peeled up to access the holes to bolt on. My pad was being replaced anyway so didn't have to pay for the new pad. 

- I went ahead and ordered the ladder! Excited to see my little girls climb it and jump off the back!