Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

8" coaxials in 2008 VLX

Twitch02x

Worth noting, the KM8 as an OD thats a little smaller that the Wet Sounds 808/Revo-8, the rockford M282 and the JL  8.8. The JL 7.7 is a little smaller than the KM8. 

Man i did some measuring last night and it seems like a very tight fit anywhere i would want to put them.

i currently have 8 wetsounds xs-650 that will be going in the factory locations plus i will add one in the same location pictured above.

My question is if i was determined to add 4 revo 8s to the in boat setup what location would i benefit most putting them in? Someone mentioned in another one of my post i would appreciate the added sound from an 8" coaxial beings it will go hand in hand with a 15" sub. Would the spot between dash and windshield be a good spot?

33 minutes ago, Twitch02x said:

Man i did some measuring last night and it seems like a very tight fit anywhere i would want to put them.

i currently have 8 wetsounds xs-650 that will be going in the factory locations plus i will add one in the same location pictured above.

My question is if i was determined to add 4 revo 8s to the in boat setup what location would i benefit most putting them in? Someone mentioned in another one of my post i would appreciate the added sound from an 8" coaxial beings it will go hand in hand with a 15" sub. Would the spot between dash and windshield be a good spot?

Why are you determined to add a specific number of speakers?  If you must add them then put them where they will radiate sound into the space where people will be listening, don't put them in the walk-way if that's what you were thinking.  Desired fidelity, fullness, and volume should drive your equipment choices.

Re the 8" speakers, they only need an additional 3/4" on each side (1.5" increased diameter).  Pull out one of the 6.5 speakers and see how much room you have to enlarge the hole.

41 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Why are you determined to add a specific number of speakers?  If you must add them then put them where they will radiate sound into the space where people will be listening, don't put them in the walk-way if that's what you were thinking.  Desired fidelity, fullness, and volume should drive your equipment choices.

Re the 8" speakers, they only need an additional 3/4" on each side (1.5" increased diameter).  Pull out one of the 6.5 speakers and see how much room you have to enlarge the hole.

Because of the current arrangement of amps i have.