Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge thickness - info to have made locally

goodmatt78

I am looking to have a replacement wedge foil made locally.  Can someone confirm the thickness of their OEM wedge?  Is it stainless or aluminum?

Thanks.

Someone here has recreated the design for it.  The older, fixed wedge is aluminum I believe (with one exception where they made a partly stainless version).  The floating wedge is stainless.

Careful on what they charge or it could be the same price to just buy a new one and avoid the hassle of having one made.

Yeah, I got the CAD models of the fixed version from Kerpluxal.  I created the detail drawings on my own yesterday and sent to a local shop.   I then realized that the model is incorrect and I need to revise and make it a 2 piece weldment.  I will use 6061 aluminum.  Unfortunately, I am using this exercise to learn AutoCAD inventor....ugh.  I could spit this work out in Pro/Engineer in about 20 minutes.

The supplied CAD model shows the part as flat.  The wedge actually has a 8-10deg pitch on each side about the centerline.   I will modify and re-quote.  Most likely I can get it done for free since I give several local machine shops tons of work.