Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slalom Ski for Guests

River Monsters

Anyone have a Connelly Big Daddy or Radar Butter Knife for guests?  Are they easy to ski as advertised?  Plenty of our guests did some skiing as a kid but haven't been on a ski for many many years.  Our selection is mostly double boot and smaller performance skis.  They really struggle with the smaller ski or both feet in.  Also most guests simply don't have the strength.   Hate to spend the money if they aren't really easier, I would never be on it.   Well, maybe, who knows.  Might be fun once in a while.

We have a couple older skis of different sizes that we keep for guests.  Team 2 67", 65" and 63" and older Concept 67".  You could probably pick up a couple different sizes cheap on ebay or ski it again.  Never tried the Big Daddy or Radar.

I have the Big Daddy on my boat and it sooo much easier to get up with that ski rather than a conventional slalom ski.  It is a lot of board though and it isn't the best ski for lighter skiers 160-. 

I have a MidSX that I used to help me get back into slalom skiing.   It definitely is easier, but if you have a history of slalom skiing, it VERY quickly becomes boring.      I have been thinking about selling it because I never use it any more, and I dont anticipate a lot of occasions to use it here (not many guests trying to get back into slalom (we are all gettin old, and the younger guests want to wakeboard or surf). 

You should be able to find a cheaper mid fat ski with a universal boot and a slipper foot used. Would be good for people who don't ski ofter but still want to try. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bigger P6 and everyone that uses it says how stable it is once they are up. Of course, I bought it for myself to get up, and still can't. So no personal comments from me.

MalibuNation

I have the HO Magnum and love it.  I'm 240lb and 60 years old and that is what I use.  I bought it with dual Animal bindings and also got an open rear boot.

• 2 weeks later...