Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can someone help me identify these mounts?

So, I've started getting the boat ready for this season and came across what looks like a missing engine mount? Can someone help me figure out what this is and where I could find one? I tried getting my local dealer to fix this last season but they never did it. I've got a 2011 23 LSV. Thanks guys. 

The first one is the good side. You can see in the second picture that the mount is totally missing.  kc0774.jpg

2w3qgba.jpg

I am guessing you mean the rubber bushing? When Malibu did the initial alignment it may have not been required to have it a factory specs when they checked the final alignment. If you rebush it, it will probably change your alignment drastically in a bad way. The yellow paint pen denotes it has been checked. I never noticed on my '10, but I bet if you check every other boat you look at will be set up differently because the boats are hand made and the keels won't be consistent w/i 1/2" or even 3/4" of an inch of one another. I would ask the dealer about it and check a few more boats before you start getting too nervous about it. I will have a look at mine tonight and follow up on this. I would be willing to bet mine is the same. Bill

1 hour ago, danny3thumbs said:

it was actually there before. I pulled away the old broken one.  

The top part of the rubber bushing is missing. The bushing looks like an upside-down top hat. A replacement bushing is P/N 536007. When you disassemble to change the bushing, make sure there is not a sharp burr on the top of the cast iron piece that cut through the top of the bushing. If there is, use a file and chamfer the hole to remove the bushing. As long as you have to take it apart, change both bushings... they are the same.

• Like 1

@danny3thumbs:  If you strike out via a dealer, you can source rubber bushings through a good industry supply house or McMaster Carr, etc.  Simply google rubber bushings and source one to the size you measure from the good one.  You have enough visible to measure the good side w/o even disassembling the system.

With that bushing missing the drive shaft should be out of alignment, fix it pronto so the vdrive and cutlass bearing aren't damaged. Get that bushing and a feeler gauge for the alignment.  I paid three mechanics to misalign mine,lol, so I ended up doing it my self in a couple hours.   I pulled my rear seat which made it a lot easier.   I wouldn't be surprised if u have a small leak from the  v-drive.

Edited by Shastasurf
On 3/6/2017 at 9:36 AM, Engine Nut said:

The top part of the rubber bushing is missing. The bushing looks like an upside-down top hat. A replacement bushing is P/N 536007. When you disassemble to change the bushing, make sure there is not a sharp burr on the top of the cast iron piece that cut through the top of the bushing. If there is, use a file and chamfer the hole to remove the bushing. As long as you have to take it apart, change both bushings... they are the same.

I appreciate all the help guys that's a lot.