Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery mounting

Twitch02x

They need to be in a tray at least. my ROT, if the battery is in a locker regularly used for storage, put it in a box. If in the engine bay or other non-used locker, a tray is fine. 

15 hours ago, MLA said:

They need to be in a tray at least. my ROT, if the battery is in a locker regularly used for storage, put it in a box. If in the engine bay or other non-used locker, a tray is fine. 

Ok gotcha

they will be in the port locker but will be incorporated with the amp rack somehow 

I'd personally do a box for a wet cell.  AGM, no box but make sure the positive terminals are fully covered.  I went AGM only because the box took up too much space and didn't allow for me to put batteries where I wanted them.

Edited by Nitrousbird

Plastic boxes are so inexpensive. They do add bulk. But I agree with the above recommendation to use a box whenever using wet cell batteries. While it is rare, I have seen the type of corrosive damage that can result when a wet battery has a major failure. A plastic box should contain this.