Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking of trading Nautique G25 for Malibu 24MXZ

jeremyottawa

Hello MBC, 

I am looking for some advice. I'm getting a really good price on my 2015 G25 trade and I'm thinking really hard of moving into a MXZ24. I wanted get some opinions on what I'm going to enjoy about the Malibu. One thing that I find annoys me about Nautique is that there is zero communication with the company directly and there are long gaps of communication and I always followup with my dealer and it's not their fault, it drives me mad. 

Here are the things that are most important to me and I would like to get sense of how these items would perform on the 24MXZ.: 

- Wave quality (I am 6'1'' and I ride a ton) 

- Sound system performance (I found the Polk stuff pure garbage) 

- Storage and tower performance (The tower on the G25 is unreal) 

- Boat layout (Our crew in the range of 8-10max) 

- Cruising performance and mood, accent lighting 

- Resale value 

I appreciate any shared feedback. I just need a little extra to push to get me over the line and put this together. 

- jeremyottawa 

The new MXZs are getting great reviews on the wave.  Resale remains to be seen on the new hull, but it wouldn't likely be tough to expect resale like the G series on the MXZ.  

G4 tower gets great reviews, comes standard with clamping racks, and can accommodate 4 racks (the last two are definite advantages over the G IMO).  

Malibu went all Wetsounds for 2017.  The system is getting good reviews, but you probably need to hear it in person. 

Storage should be be very good, but this is an area where the G is tough to beat, especially with the in floor cooler.

"Mood" and styling are certainly personal preferences but this is certainly an area where Malibu shines.  

These forums are another great reason to go Bu   Tons of knowledge here, great people, and not censored by factory sponsorship of the forums.

Malibu dash and helm is the bomb too!

Where are are you located?

After sitting in both (but riding in neither), I'd personally take the G by a small nod.  I have a feeling if I were able to get some seat time on a Ri that would be my pick over all of them...

I much preferred the Malibu dash.  I think the G goes a little overboard on the gator step...Malibu has a better balance of it.  The G uses it for trim in some places...places that little fingers (and my wife) would tend to want to pick at it.  I personally like the Malibu stereo setup a little better.  G's storage is superior for sure, as well as how some things are stored in the center of the hull (like batteries).  Little design features that are better.  The rear sliding bench seat bracket design on all of the Malibu's suck (shin beaters).  I actually prefer the look/feel of the new Malibu hardware otherwise.