Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Most Common Vehicle for High Income Earners?

RyanB

Interesting article about the popularity of high end trucks for those that earn more than $200,000 annually.  Given that the F150, Silverado and RAM comprise the top 3 selling vehicles just about every every year, you could probably argue that they are the most common vehicle for any income level.

I didn't know Mercedes was brining a truck to market this year.  That speaks volumes about the potential.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/03/americans-earning-over-200000-a-year-prefer-this-vehicle.html

Edited by RyanB

$70K for an F-150 makes my head hurt.  My '16 brand spanking new loaded-with-every-option GMC 2500 Denali with a Duramax was sub $60k.    I just can't see paying the same or even close for any 1/2 ton.  

On 3/5/2017 at 3:31 AM, oldjeep said:

Can't decide if that Mercedes looks more like a ridgeline or isuzu pickup

pretty sure it's the product of a partnership with nissan.

35 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

$70K for an F-150 makes my head hurt.  My '16 brand spanking new loaded-with-every-option GMC 2500 Denali with a Duramax was sub $60k.    I just can't see paying the same or even close for any 1/2 ton.  

That is probably sticker price.  I can't imagine anyone actually paying that for an F150 (probably tough to get the sticker to 70 I would think).  

2 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

That is probably sticker price.  I can't imagine anyone actually paying that for an F150 (probably tough to get the sticker to 70 I would think).  

Good point.  I didn't pay anything near sticker either.  

1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

Good point.  I didn't pay anything near sticker either.  

Got to remember that the CNBC reference is to stock holders and investors.... not to those of us who actually pay at the point of the transaction....

Good negotiation will drive a different paradigm to the transaction equation......

I just built the most expensive Platinum I could on there site and only got to 67K.  The only way I could top 70k on a half ton is going crazy on the options on a Raptor.  The Raptor doesn't sell that well to include it as enough to talk about 70k+ MSRP trucks, as most of them would be optioned below that.

That whole article is a bit fishy.

Most of the people I know that make 200+ (granted small crowd there) are contractors or business owners in trades and such. They all drive trucks due to their profession. My one friend that is a lawyer used to drive a Tundra, then he bought an E350 for family hauling and only occasional use. I see the Merc a lot more than the Toyota now though. The highest pay guy I know drives a Volvo wagon.

13 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

pretty sure it's the product of a partnership with nissan.

Then it will take 5 to 6 years to work all the bugs out of it.  I've been lucky with my 04 Nissan, but there were a lot of nightmares for most owners up till 2010, which was 6 years after its launch.