Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

i cant remember what my boat is like

lxirod

well im going on week 3 without a boat and possibly the third weekend. this blows .. summer will be over soon and i lost a big amount of time...very dissapointed with my bu right now...i'm seroiously considering never buying an indmar product again. my mastercraft problems were all indmar too..

What's the problem?

You could always have them put a merc in your next Bu.

So it can sit at the local Centurion dealer for maintenance :)

Best bet, is PCM if your sick of Indmar. Nautique or Tige have them as an option.

But seriously, what is the problem with your BU Dontknow.gif

What's the problem?

You could always have them put a merc in your next Bu.

So it can sit at the local Centurion dealer for maintenance :)

Best bet, is PCM if your sick of Indmar. Nautique or Tige have them as an option.

But seriously, what is the problem with your BU Dontknow.gif

Why do you say that? Mercury dealers are thicker than any other brand that I know of.

they had to replace the mmdc box, which was causing my guages to fail and appranelty my idle problem (Fluctuating between 300-1300rpm). i had to wait a long time to get my boat in of course and appranelrty they sent out the wrong mmdc . so now i have to wait some more....

they had to replace the mmdc box, which was causing my guages to fail and appranelty my idle problem (Fluctuating between 300-1300rpm). i had to wait a long time to get my boat in of course and appranelrty they sent out the wrong mmdc . so now i have to wait some more....

Interesting. I just had my MMDC module replaced to fix an issue with my radio reception while the engine was running. I heard from my dealer that Malibu was having a lot of problems with those MMDC modules, both availability and quality. The have received MMDC modules that were suppose to fix various issues but, in fact, did not. This sounds like one of those issues that come up from time to time that affect customer satisfaction negatively despite Malibu's best efforts. I speak from experience on that note because I have one I am dealing with right now here at work.

Rod,

Well maybe we could hookup w/ my boat and ski at least it's something until yours comes back.

Rod, as I mentioned previously, I hate to hear you're having problems. I guess you didn't go with the case of beer by the engine box catalyst you mentioned.

Should've held onto your spare boat for just such an ocassion. Heck, I'd have stored it for you. :)

And there's nothing wrong with Merc motors. I've driven a few Malibus with Mercs. One was a Sportster and it was the quietest DD I've ever driven in/been in including several Nautiques.

Rod,

You said that you were having issues with Indmar, but it sounds like a Malibu issue rather than Indmar if it's the MMDC. Am I missing something?

Mike

is it ? i dont know, i just want my boat back. apprently malibu sent the wrong one out so now i wait longer...