Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Barefooting.

Fffrank

Two questions.

1.  What happened to live free or die?  That fish pig needs to get a sense of humor.  Must be from Mass.

2.  How did they end the run?  He had to have dropped as I don't imagine he barefooted onto the ice...

• Like 3

i was hoping this was the video i saw earlier this week. This is great. Can you imagine the size of the paddles on the sled of that track to pull that fast?! Damn

This vid made my day,,,,,a LOOOONNNNGGGG day indeed. 6" rain and Flooding issues, nuf said.   I loved this vid. Watched it at least 6 times.  Thanks    it was needed stress relief,  and the beer in my hand ;-)    Very little wake to even "worry"  about,  very nice.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BusterSaunders said:

i was hoping this was the video i saw earlier this week. This is great. Can you imagine the size of the paddles on the sled of that track to pull that fast?! Damn

You don't need super deep paddles for that actually.  More paddle=more drag.  My 136" track with 1.25" lugs water skips way better than my 155" 2.25" lug track, surprisingly.

Just now, UWSkier said:

You don't need super deep paddles for that actually.  More paddle=more drag.  My 136" track with 1.25" lugs water skips way better than my 155" 2.25" lug track, surprisingly.

Huh, surprising indeed. I woulda figured all the paddles would push with the throttle pinned. ehh.. I'll save the footing for boats 

40 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Do you use these same tracks/paddles for snow?  I know zero about snowmobiles. Ha.

Steve B.

The guys who watercross race typically modify mountain tracks but for the rest of us, we just cross with what's on our sleds.  :)

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, UWSkier said:

Two questions.

1.  What happened to live free or die?  That fish pig needs to get a sense of humor.  Must be from Mass.

2.  How did they end the run?  He had to have dropped as I don't imagine he barefooted onto the ice...

1. We take our Massholes nickname with pride, but don't share that clown's point of view! 

2. It looks like in the first person video he dropped just before the ice as they left the channel.  I've boated in this channel many times before and know the area well, it's very shallow there, only a few feet deep.  There's a beach just to the left where he ended the run, so likely just dropped and swam to the beach which would be about 30-40 feet away from where he went in the water.  The first person video is pretty crazy, you see him going from water to ice with the skis on, looked pretty hairy for a minute!

That's pretty crazy. Can't imagine falling on ice going that speed. Glad the tips of his skis went over the ice instead of under. He's got some Cajones.

We were contemplating barefoot skiing 2 weeks ago(when it hit 50 degrees) but kinda worried there would be floating ice chunks.

Did anyone else notice a Senator from NH donated to the gofundme?

$20

Senator Andy Sanborn

7 days ago

Personal freedom and liberty remain important values and I am concerned when Government over-reacts to oppress those values. Our Government should not take the joy out of living.

That's pretty cool.

Edited by MikeDe
  • Like 2