Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let's talk Transom Cameras

dielawn

Alright team,

I know there has been a few different threads about the transom cameras in the past. But I was wondering if anyone has done any upgrades lately? Has anyone purchased a half way decent camera, ran the video out cable up to the glove box to use the camera as a rear view mirror for surfing? It seemed that a few of the inexpensive cameras had a hard time with keeping up with a good frame rate. Is there any recommendations for a good camera and fps rate?

i bought a $50 or so wireless backup camera and have mounted it in a couple of places on the transom so I can see if people are ready for me to pull them up while surfing with a boat full of people blocking my view. Its viewable on my iphone which I mount on the windsheild just forward of the throttle. It displays landscape mode on my phone and is very helpful when trying to teach people how to get up on surfboard. Of course you can do this with a gopro too. search amazon they have dozens of them. 

I glued a go pro mount to the top of my tower and used my iPhone. For real time action I use this fancy thing called a "mirror." :rofl:

Edited by MattMatt