Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom remote

pawter1970

Hi,

thinking of adding a transom remote to my 2010 VLX, my HU is JBL so wondering what options I would have, boat has the Mux rear seat remote so wondering if I can tap to that...

Thanks,

Was thinking about doing the same thing to my vlx but when I asked my stereo shop they told me that a Bluetooth remote would be the best choice so if there is a better way I would also like to know 

7 hours ago, Kmmarine0352 said:

Was thinking about doing the same thing to my vlx but when I asked my stereo shop they told me that a Bluetooth remote would be the best choice so if there is a better way I would also like to know 

I've installed a Bluetooth device on the HU for the input (ability to use my phone for music) but I am not sure how you would Bluetooth a remote to the HU for volume control as my JBL itself is not Bluetooth ready, all I want is to control volume and change SAT channels from the swim platform.

• Like 1

Do you like the Bluetooth remote 

2 hours ago, pawter1970 said:

I've installed a Bluetooth device on the HU for the input (ability to use my phone for music) but I am not sure how you would Bluetooth a remote to the HU for volume control as my JBL itself is not Bluetooth ready, all I want is to control volume and change SAT channels from the swim platform.

Edited by Kmmarine0352
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, Kmmarine0352 said:

Do you like the Bluetooth remote 

I've installed and connected one of these to the AUX input on the HU, works like a charm....

https://www.amazon.ca/Xtenzi-Bluetooth-Wireless-Adapter-Devices/dp/B011IV7Y9Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488466100&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=bluetooth+receiver+for+boat+stereo+head+unit'

Now I want a transom remote on the back transom so I can control the HU (volume, input...etc), I see remotes for sale for JBL but just wondering how I would hook this up to the HU,