Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mux switch help

Twitch02x

I'm currently in the process of completely redoing then stereo in my 2008 VLX. When I was removing the old amp rack and all the old wires etc I took out the jbl marine black box looking thing as it was mounted to the back of the rack.

my problem is now when I turn the key on I have no mux switches. The gauges are on and working along with the cruise control screen. I tried plugging the black box thing back in and giving it power and ground and hot at yellow wire but still nothing.

Can I not remove the factory radio equipment and still use mux switches??

Yea wdr i think you hit the nail on the head

So when i got home last night all i did was reconnect the battery and they were working fine, the battery connections were slightly corroded!!

Its all good, i moved the left mux over to the right side and reprogrammed it to control all the functions i wanted and im going to put my Wetsounds EQ in the slot where the left mux was!!

Should make for a super clean install.

Yeh, if it wasn't for the fine tune wedge adjustment being on the right MUX I would have absolutely no use for that MUX. I run all of my presets off of the MV so all we basically do is bump the wedge up or down a click with that MUX. The 420 in one of those slots would look great if it will fit???. Be sue to post pics after you get done. Bill

7 hours ago, wdr said:

Yeh, if it wasn't for the fine tune wedge adjustment being on the right MUX I would have absolutely no use for that MUX. I run all of my presets off of the MV so all we basically do is bump the wedge up or down a click with that MUX. The 420 in one of those slots would look great if it will fit???. Be sue to post pics after you get done. Bill

you can add those wedge presets to the other mux switch, thats what i did on mine!! here is how i have it set up.

PAGE 1

HORN - DASH LIGHTS - INTERIOR LIGHTS - DOCK LIGHTS - NAV/ANC LIGHTS

PAGE 2

HORN - MLS LEFT - MLS CENTER - MLS FRONT - MLS RIGHT

PAGE 3

HORN - POWER WEDGE DEPLOY - POWER WEDGE DOWN - POWER WEDGE UP - BILGE PUMP

PAGE 4

HORN - AUX OUTPUT - ALL OFF

I did move some functions on mine around a few years back but don't remember seeing the wedge options on the left MUX. I will have to get in it this weekend and poke around to see if it is available on the left side. If so I will definately move it over there to a wedge specific page that is easier to see than where it is buried now on the right side. Thanks for the reminder. Bill

• 3 years later...

On a different topic, but Similar boat, I need to find a replacement for the armrest that houses the throttle. My interior matches your boat exactly. 2008 LXI. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nice WS EQ install.  Thought about doing the same with my Exile EQ, but was concerned if I had a quick rain that the water would collect on it fairly easy.  Instead, I just mounted mine under the helm.   What are your plans for that empty space where the black box main head unit was located.  I went completely deckles and removed the black box like you did, but left the main unit as i'm not sure what to do with the empty hole (if I do remove it).  Thought about fabricating a little box in there for cell phones/sunglasses out of HPDE or something.