Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vinyl cleaners

OK I'm trying to get the vinyl clean on our sea doo boat. It has mold all over it. I have tryed starbright and about every other thing out there. Anyone have a home brew??

Thanks

Shawn

Shawn -

I'm not positive about mold, but the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are the best thing we've found so far for cleaning the vinyl. We have tried 3M among many others but the Magic Erasers are by far better than anything else.

Good luck with the mold!

How well does Spray Nine work for cleaning vinyl? I don't know how well it does with mold, but it seemed to be popular on MBO. I think I heard Fantastic works well, but I'd be careful with some of the ingredients it has.

You can dilute some all purpose cleaner down to clean the vinyl... once you get all the mildew off... you can use some pledge to clean em up after that.

Couple of weeks ago we did the big clean. The vinyl was pretty dirty from last year. We used Oxyclean. one work Amazing. The seats looked brand new. After we dried and let sit in the sun for awhile, we then sprayed with 303. We also used the oxyclean on the carpet which did have some mold from the rains over the winter! This too came out looking awesome, like new.

If nothing else works, "Tilex" mildew remover will make the mildew disappear almost like magic. It's hard on the seats though, so use as last resort, and treat with 303 immedately.

I used to use it in my Prostar when it was covered with mildew a couple times after sitting all winter.

Simple Green. Kills the mildew and is reccomended by the mfg.

I even use it on the mildew streakes on my RV.

Oxyclean for me. Works well. I've always heard to be careful with mildew removers like X14 & the like. I've heard they will take the oils out of the vinyl, leaving it more vunerable to UV and other elements. 303 always. Great stuff.

I have "a friend" who accidentally left PVC pipe laying against a couple of pieces of his vinyl. The barcode ink came off on the vinyl. My "friend" has tried a variety of cleaners, but no luck so far. Any suggestions for this?

I have "a friend" who accidentally left PVC pipe laying against a couple of pieces of his vinyl.  The barcode ink came off on the vinyl.  My "friend" has tried a variety of cleaners, but no luck so far.  Any suggestions for this?

Sunlight, seriously.

Sunlight hasn't done much so far (more than 1 summer's worth).

billb - you should have started the sentence with "According to my 'friend'....sunlight hasn't done much so far..." Tongue.gif

Edited by FijiRob