Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

illusion x tower plunger set screws seized up

Twitch02x

i need to adjust these screws as my tower pins will come out towing the boat. has anybody ever had to drill these out and replace with regular set screws or possibly buy replacements?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as it has been a while since I had to do this. IIRC, there is a set screw under the one that is visible making the one you see a "locking" set screw. Can you pull the set screw out and check for another one under it?

I didn't have to drill mine out as I was able to get them to turn.  I had the same issue the other week with my pins backing out.  Have you tried PB Blaster or something like that?  Spray it and let it sit for hours multiple times.  Hopefully it will help.  

Also I don't know if you have pulled the set screws before but make sure you can get replacements before you drill them out.  Call Andrew at Bakes.  I'm sure he can offer some insight.  They are not just a set screw.  They actually have a ball bearing in the end that is spring loaded. 

Hope this helps!!

Edited by NCVride
  • 3 years later...

Hi 

I’m wondering if anyone knows the size of the illusion IX ball plunger screws? I’m looking everywhere one is shot the other is only ok.