Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 Wakesetter VLX swim platform rubber replacement with Seadek

benihana66

Hi guys!

It is time to replace the rubber surface of my swim platform. I would like to go with a cataloged design from Seadek.

The only question is: which one will fit best?

Can anyone please give a recommendation?

I measured my platform but the drawings on the Seadek site are missing the width in the middle of the pad and the distance from top to hatch cut out.

Therfore, I would like to verify with someone who has the same boat and bought a pad from Seadek.

Thanks for your help!

I have a 2005 21LSV which is pretty much the same as a 2005 VLX without the hard tank ballast.  I got the MSP1 last year and it fit perfectly on my platform.  YMMV.

Their customer service is good so if you ask for a more detailed drawing I'm sure they'll send it to you.

0502161424ar.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Minnmarker,

Thanks for your reply! That is a great looking swim deck!

I checked the dimensions of the drawing of MSP1 against my platform: width in the drawing is 28 1/2" and my platform measures only 27 1/2".

It appears that MSP1 is not the right fit. :(

Nobody with a 05 VLX who got a Seadek pad on this forum?

Thanks!

You can always trim them a bit. I had to trim about half inch by 8 inch wedge from the outer part of the front edge. They were up front about the fit issue when I ordered the custom pad. If you know where to look you can see the black edging line disappear. No one has ever noticed.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:05 PM, benihana66 said:

Hi guys!

It is time to replace the rubber surface of my swim platform. I would like to go with a cataloged design from Seadek.

The only question is: which one will fit best?

Can anyone please give a recommendation?

I measured my platform but the drawings on the Seadek site are missing the width in the middle of the pad and the distance from top to hatch cut out.

Therfore, I would like to verify with someone who has the same boat and bought a pad from Seadek.

Thanks for your help!

Are you just replacing your platform or looking to replace the carpet in your boat also? I'm looking to replace the carpet but I'm not sure where to even begin

Hi nlouthan,

yes, I went the same route and ordered 4 of seadeck's dry fits. MSP2 was the winner for me as well! Thanks for your reply!

I will post a pic once it is done. If anyone else has pics, I will be happy to see some design ideas. 

Now I have these dry fits laying around if anyone is interested to pick them up for free in Waterford, MI.

Seadeck part numbers are :

23148 - 2005 Malibu Sunsetter LXI

23130 - 2005 Malibu 23 LSV

23133 - 2006 Malibu Wakesetter

23100 - MSP2

Have a great season!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 8:27 PM, Skiline00 said:

I have an 05' LSV (I assume it's the same as the VLX) with a Seadek replacement, I'll look and see if I can find the paperwork on it. 

I'm also needing to do this on my 05 lsv. It's a little cracked and not inviting to kids knees and elbows. How bad is the process of removing the old deck material? Do you have any photos of yours? 

3 hours ago, csparks13 said:

I'm also needing to do this on my 05 lsv. It's a little cracked and not inviting to kids knees and elbows. How bad is the process of removing the old deck material? Do you have any photos of yours? 

It wasn't too bad, the old mat came off pretty easy.  A little goo gone and the residue came right off.  A little off topic (but I ran across the picture while I was looking for the others), I made a couple of 1.5" shims to lift the platform out of the water a little further, it helped helped get the platform out of the surf wake some.

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

59 minutes ago, Skiline00 said:

It wasn't too bad, the old mat came off pretty easy.  A little goo gone and the residue came right off.  A little off topic (but I ran across the picture while I was looking for the others), I made a couple of 1.5" shims to lift the platform out of the water a little further, it helped helped get the platform out of the surf wake some.

If Go Gone doesn't work try mineral spirits.  Took the glue remnants right off my platform.

Looking at this thread makes me want to find a good used glass platform to replace the teak one on my Response.  @Woodski built a cool one, but just grabbing a pre-built one that would fit decently would be easier.  I like the look. 

Edited by sunvalleylaw