Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let the Journey Begin!! West Virginia Bound

LarsJensen

Left San Fran for Chicago and landed about 6:45pm. Will try to hammer out most, if not all, of the 500 miles tonight to pick up the Sunscape. Bring on the Waffle House!!!

While in San Fran for work, I jumped over to Napa to pick up a 381 prop from a fellow BU member (thanks man!!). I managed to stay dry during the historic rain. And good news for all the locals who depend on water for ag and recreation. The reservoirs are full...and then some. 

(Started a new thread to cover this trip but want to say thank you to everyone for their guidance and shared enthusiasm to pick up my new BU!!!)

more to come.....

IMG_0609.JPG

• Like 3

There are some Stuckey's out that way!

Funny story - rolled into a Waffle House one night at like 2am driving my Trans Am nonstop from Michigan to AZ one year in college with a buddy, ordered a big huge breakfast...server was a 40ish year old lady....stacked.....said "Madonna" on her name tag.  We were in our early 20's.  She almost left with us that night. 

1 minute ago, Michigan boarder said:

Funny story - rolled into a Waffle House one night at like 2am driving my Trans Am nonstop from Michigan to AZ one year in college with a buddy, ordered a big huge breakfast...server was a 40ish year old lady....stacked.....said "Madonna" on her name tag.  We were in our early 20's.  She almost left with us that night. 

Glad to hear you outran Smokey

6BD5E110-8AB4-41BA-8B0C-AC427D448B42_zps

• Like 3
11 hours ago, LarsJensen said:

Left San Fran for Chicago and landed about 6:45pm. Will try to hammer out most, if not all, of the 500 miles tonight to pick up the Sunscape. Bring on the Waffle House!!!

While in San Fran for work, I jumped over to Napa to pick up a 381 prop from a fellow BU member (thanks man!!). I managed to stay dry during the historic rain. And good news for all the locals who depend on water for ag and recreation. The reservoirs are full...and then some. 

(Started a new thread to cover this trip but want to say thank you to everyone for their guidance and shared enthusiasm to pick up my new BU!!!)

more to come.....

IMG_0609.JPG

Who's up in Napa??

12 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Glad to hear you outran Smokey

6BD5E110-8AB4-41BA-8B0C-AC427D448B42_zps

We had a long way to go and a short time to get there.

...and now you have a tune to hum for 500 miles LarsJensen!!

1 hour ago, Michigan boarder said:

well, you were in a trans am

• Like 3
Just now, robbennett said:

Haha SHOES! Owner gets a pass to do whatever they want though! 

Ahhh, didn't even think about it. Not only shoes but I have an 80 lbs golden retriever who loves boating! Gonna have to carry a brush

1 hour ago, RTS said:

What drop did you end up needing on the hitch?

5 1/4". I thought about purchasing a variable one but it looked chinsy with too much play. The trailer tracks really well and the truck did great. I think it likes pulling boats around!

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, NWBU said:

Nice boat, congrats!

70 and 46? I didn't think you Wisconsin guys even waited until the rule of 100 was met. At least the Michigan crew doesn't @ahopkinsTXi.

Haha thats right!

Nice looking boat @LarsJensen!! Seems like it was well worth the trip. Have a safe trip back.