Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help Me Pick a New Prop

Kojak

I'm looking for help from the Crew for a new prop.  Particulars are listed below.

• I have the 350 motor in my 06 23 LSV and am currently running the 2315.
  • Elevation at the lakes I go to vary quite a bit; 2422, 1516, and 750. 
  • In addition to having all stock tanks full, which I think is about 1250 lbs, I run 3125 to 3600 lbs additional ballast depending upon how many people are on board, for a total ballast weight between 4400 - 4800 lbs.  
  • Boat has Wave Control/Go Surf Assist installed.
  • RPMs are somewhere around 3300-3500, which I feel is a bit high.
  • The wedge is usually all the way down and then back up around 4-5 clicks.  I get a better wave if I raise the wedge up about 6-8 clicks but then the RPMs shoot up to about 3600-3700.  I've tried it without the wedge but the wave sucks.
  • I can maintain surf speed, usually around 11.2 to 11.5 mph, but the throttle is wide open.  

I have been thinking about a new prop but I'm not certain which way to go.  I'm guessing down in pitch but I'm not sure.  Been debating between the following props: 2419, 2949, 2937, 2951, and 2943.  If I need to go the other direction, I really have no idea which one.

I would like to decrease RPMs and fuel usage as much as I can.  Cruising and top speed aren't that important to me.  We primarily surf, with just a bit of tubing and even less wake boarding thrown in.  

• 6 months later...

Update

I tried the 2951 at the beginning of the season.  I didn't have to use near as much throttle but the rpms were around 3800-4000.  So I contacted Acme props to get their recommendation. I spoke to Jim who was very helpful.  He recommended the 2937 for my setup.  I have used it since and it works great.  Rpms are about the same as the 2315 and I don't have to use as much throttle. 

6 hours ago, Kojak said:

Update

I tried the 2951 at the beginning of the season.  I didn't have to use near as much throttle but the rpms were around 3800-4000.  So I contacted Acme props to get their recommendation. I spoke to Jim who was very helpful.  He recommended the 2937 for my setup.  I have used it since and it works great.  Rpms are about the same as the 2315 and I don't have to use as much throttle. 

I had the 2937 my wife wrecked.  Nettles sent me the 2951 by accident and it was even better for surfing and dropped my rpms a couple hundred.