Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Albert2016

Power Wedge ll

Albert2016

My 2015 malibu wakesetter s vlx power wedge ll, just decided not to work today.

Stayed in the stow position and appeared in the screen CAUTION CHECK WEDGE CAL.

Fman

Did you recalibrate the wedge?

Albert2016

No l didnt.

I couldnt find how to calibrate.

In screen l have only the option for calibrate the surfgate.

85 Barefoot

I do not recall the 2015 menus specifically but should be a setup menu that when you dig far enough you get to power wedge cal.

Fman

I can't recall either on my 2015 if there actually was an option to recalibrate the wedge, I would assume there is but I never needed to do it.  It would be in the settings options on the 7" screen where you found the surfgate calibration.  Give your dealer a shout out and I am sure they will be able to help you out with some basic over the phone troubleshooting.

Edited by Fman

mikeo

My '15 23 LSV is sitting in the driveway at the moment, if it's not raining too much to climb in to it tomorrow I'll dig for a wedge calibration screen/option and let you know what I find.

mikeo

here is the only wedge calibration screen I could find, and my firmware version for comparison:

firmware.jpg

settings.jpg

Albert2016

Thanks you so much.

l will comprare with mine.

alpensurf23

My power wedge went out similarly. I wish I could recall exactly what broke. I do recall screen readings not adding up to what was happening. I brought to dealer they ordered replacement part. I like working on my boat but admittedly I'm far from an MIT graduate. My advice if not finding what works here, call and talk with Malibu or your nearest dealer.

PDav19

To calibrate the power wedge II you need to adjust the sensor that is on the wedge. You loosen the screws and spin the magnetic sensor until your wedge up and wedge down settings are at the levels indicated below.

Power wedge II calibration -factory settings

Up 200 - 3.25

Down 0.51- 0.53

Albert2016

Great information PDave.

By spinning you mean turn with your hand, no tools.

PeteOOXXOO
13 hours ago, mikeo said:

here is the only wedge calibration screen I could find, and my firmware version for comparison:

firmware.jpg

settings.jpg

You can also use that screen to raise the power wedge while it is on the trailer?

PDav19
2 hours ago, Albert2016 said:

Great information PDave.

By spinning you mean turn with your hand, no tools.

The sensor is located on the wedge(small black round sensor with a wire to it). You should check your current cabibration first by using the plus and minus buttons on the power wedge debug screen. All the way up and all the way down. 

To ageist the sensor you will have to loosen the screws on the sensor and spin until your settings are correct. Then re tighten the screws.

I had a issue with the sensor when the large bolt the sensor is attached to was loose and spun. I would check to make sure that is tight as well.