Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indoor boat storage

T-rev

I'm looking for future indoor storage for my Malibu after this summer is over. In the past I've stored it in a friends shop but that opportunity is coming to an end.

Do you guys in the Portland, Oregon area have any good recommendations? 

What's the going rate???

Thanks. 

Edited by T-rev
Just now, Nitrousbird said:

For the price of some of these storage places, you could finance building a garage to keep it...

That's the plan but I need to wait a few years. A few acres and a shop is in my future. 

Fully enclosed storage is running $300+/month but from what I hear there's often a waiting list. Covered only is $140-170 and 3 sided units are somewhere in between.

A fire took out one of the biggest local facilities on Hayden's Island last spring, making storage even tighter. I store 4 other boats in my shop each winter to supplement my boating addiction, and several of my "friends" told me storage places weren't even returning their calls last fall.

Makes me even further appreciate the RV/Boat garage I had built when we built our house.  I also don't have to winterize the boat.  It's ready to go whenever this weather wants to let up for a while.

I pay $25/foot for the entire Winter for heated indoor.  Typically drop off mid-October and pick up around April (as soon as possible of course). The guy I store it with keeps it above 50 degrees but I still winterize the boat just in case something were to go wrong.

Mine used to sleep on the 4th level. Pretty nerve racking watching them lift your brand new boat 40' in the air on a forklift. I keep it at home now under cover and tent now that I have a little land. Getting ready to build my garage once the weather cooperates. 

CC26F926-3D88-49E9-8E05-C6F81AE39D81.jpg

I stopped keeping it there after they hit my trailer tongue on something and bent the coupler (they fixed it) and then they didn't have it pulled the night before an early morning (6am) ride. We had to wait til 9:30 for them to open. I didn't like having it at storage anyways. Much better at home. 

Edited by isellacuras

Here is where my boat sleeps.  It is behind the RAM.  Just finishing up an expansion so I can move the fishing boat over to a new area, and put a car under the RV.  Then everything will be out of the elements.

034.jpg

7 hours ago, RyanB said:

Here is where my boat sleeps.  It is behind the RAM.  Just finishing up an expansion so I can move the fishing boat over to a new area, and put a car under the RV.  Then everything will be out of the elements.

034.jpg

Nice setup!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Mine used to sleep on the 4th level. Pretty nerve racking watching them lift your brand new boat 40' in the air on a forklift. I keep it at home now under cover and tent now that I have a little land. Getting ready to build my garage once the weather cooperates. 

Where do the trailers go?

I pay $300/winter for indoor, non-heated storage in a farmers pole shed.  Can't complain about that!  

3 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

Where do the trailers go?

I pay $300/winter for indoor, non-heated storage in a farmers pole shed.  Can't complain about that!  

They put boat and trailer on the shelf together. 

I keep mine at Columbia Crossing's "household" storage facility on Hayden Island for 8 months out of the year. It's right behind the home depot. It's covered (no sides) but it's deep enough that I can put my 23 LSV in without any sun or rain touching the front or the back. During the winter I put my boat in my folks garage up in Woodland, WA. I pay $150 per month for the Columbia crossings spot and I don't give it up in winter because it took me over 3 months last year to find this open spot. It takes about 10 mins to trailer from where I store the boat to the ramps at the James Gleason Park on the Columbia.

Also, I know Sundance Marina is rebuilding their indoor storage (this is the place that burnt down). They called to ask if I'd be interested in signing up early. Before I lost my first boat in their fire I was getting ready to pull it out of there anyway. Their customer service wasn't great and they simply don't care about your boat as much as you (at least that was true for me). They left my boat in the rain for a week. I had covered it when I docked it but it was still full of water. They offered me a free tank of gas for the mistake. Then they left it in the rain again and I just happened to drive by and catch them red handed. I was pissed. Then their storage facility burnt down and my boat was destroyed. You probably couldn't pay me to store my boat with them again.

I talked to these guys last year, http://luxuryvehiclecare.com. It seemed top notch and I want to say they were around $250 per month but it was a little further away than I wanted my boat living in the 'Couve. 

Good luck. I was on a bunch of waiting lists last year and only Columbia Crossings and another one out near Camas actually called me back when a space opened up.

Edited by CharlieBeaU
More Info
On 2/19/2017 at 1:24 PM, wakebrdr94 said:

$100 month???   Sign me up.  When I had to pay storage, I was at $250 a Morgan for outdoor storage, a buddy was paying $500 for indoor.

We have about 30 big buildings full of boats. With plans to build about 30 more soon. Plus a vertical rack closer to the water too.

Better check in early as it fills up. Last I heard, over 1800 boats.

http://www.hagadonemarine.com/storage/

DSC08225-fin-web[1].jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

We have about 30 big buildings full of boats. With plans to build about 30 more soon. Plus a vertical rack closer to the water too.

That is huge!  Are the buildings heated?

50 minutes ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

DSC08225-fin-web[1].jpg

This is so cool. I wish we had something like this that was convenient to where we live/boat.