Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds Revo 10?

mrnate450r

Does this mean there's a 10" Icon like surf speaker coming???  Perhaps I need to hold off on my Rev10 purchase, because I'd rather have a 10" surf speaker.

Or are we looking at the new Revo line of subwoofers that come both infinite baffle and standard?

Edited by tjklein
10 hours ago, tjklein said:

Or are we looking at the new Revo line of subwoofers that come both infinite baffle and standard?

Those are not woofers in that pic, they are indeed coaxials. However, there are new Revo series woofers coming. As you know, they already have a great IB 10".........................

21 minutes ago, MLA said:

Those are not woofers in that pic, they are indeed coaxials. However, there are new Revo series woofers coming. As you know, they already have a great IB 10".........................

Yeah, I jumped on their site and the indeed say coaxial in their Facebook and Instagram feed.  Do you think we'll see them in a surf speaker like the Icon 8 arrangement?  I'm putting together my stereo build for my boat and this just threw a huge wrench into it.  I originally wanted to do JL 880s on the tower, but there is no mount.  Then I decided on Rev10s just this week and now the possibility of a new surf speaker is going to make me reconsider.  I had SXT9s with XM9s on my last boat (4 and 2) and I really liked that setup, but now I'm looking for a little more punch in a surf style setup.

Interesting to see if they use the same tweeter or jump up to a 1.2" like the JL 880s.

Thanks!

Edited by tjklein
1 hour ago, Cmb396 said:

WS says they're not fully out yet, but stay tuned on Instagram. That boat was done for a Miami boat show.

I read the same thing.  I'm going to reach out to Simon or Tim on it tomorrow because it's hard to read much into 'stay tuned'.  Those of you that have been waiting a year for the head unit know what I mean.  They had advised before and before I drop another $8k on Wet Sounds I need to know whether or not it makes sense to wait.  If it's 30-60 days fine if it's 6 months it doesn't matter.

Edited by tjklein
2 hours ago, tjklein said:

I read the same thing.  I'm going to reach out to Simon or Tim on it tomorrow because it's hard to read much into 'stay tuned'.  Those of you that have been waiting a year for the head unit know what I mean.  They had advised before and before I drop another $8k on Wet Sounds I need to know whether or not it makes sense to wait.  If it's 30-60 days fine if it's 6 months it doesn't matter.

Cool, let us know what you find out. if it's not a horrible wait, I may hold off and get those over the icon 8s I am going to order this week. Curious what the price point will be as well.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, tjklein said:

Does this mean there's a 10" Icon like surf speaker coming???  Perhaps I need to hold off on my Rev10 purchase, because I'd rather have a 10" surf speaker.

Have you heard the difference in the icon8 and HLCD speakers?  And I don't mean how much louder they are.  I don't like the Icon's.  At all.  They don't sound nearly as good as rev's at any level.  The Revo's are much improved, but I wouldn't consider something a "surf speaker".  If you're gonna spend the money, spend it on Rev's.

• Like 1
On 2/19/2017 at 7:34 AM, tjklein said:

Yeah, I jumped on their site and the indeed say coaxial in their Facebook and Instagram feed.  Do you think we'll see them in a surf speaker like the Icon 8 arrangement?  I'm putting together my stereo build for my boat and this just threw a huge wrench into it.  I originally wanted to do JL 880s on the tower, but there is no mount.  Then I decided on Rev10s just this week and now the possibility of a new surf speaker is going to make me reconsider.  I had SXT9s with XM9s on my last boat (4 and 2) and I really liked that setup, but now I'm looking for a little more punch in a surf style setup.

Interesting to see if they use the same tweeter or jump up to a 1.2" like the JL 880s.

Thanks!

I caught wind of the new 10" a while ago and posed questions about it and considered waiting.  I also previously had a Exile surf mix setup, properly powered.  Honestly I'd stick with your plan for Rev10s.  They do everything well on the open water.  I'm glad I went with the Revs.

Edited by rugger
  • Like 2

I have owned Exlile XM9's,2 pair of rev8's and now have Rev10's on the new boat. I can say that I will stick with Rev10's from here on out. They are warm and can handle all the power you throw at them. They are the BEST sounding towers I have heard of speakers that are currently available for sale in the market.  

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 5:37 AM, ConnollyCrew said:

I have owned Exlile XM9's,2 pair of rev8's and now have Rev10's on the new boat. I can say that I will stick with Rev10's from here on out. They are warm and can handle all the power you throw at them. They are the BEST sounding towers I have heard of speakers that are currently available for sale in the market.  

Ohhhh ok. You said on the market.... don't wanna go back down that road again???

• Like 1