Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kicker tower speakers on the illusion sx tower

Kmmarine0352

Has anyone mounted kicker 41km675 tower speakers on the illusion sx tower? I would like to not mount them on the cross bar if I don't have to for head clearance reasons (I'm 6'3) and I barely can walk under the tower as it is lol any help would be great 

I have the kms67 in the factory Malibu cans on our xs and they are awesome. I have 1 speaker that quit working today and I have a bad channel on the factory RF 400.2. I'm actually sending a warranty request to kicker right now. I would like to power them properly @MLA. I have the hlcds bridged on 1/2 and the mids bridged on 3/4. I swapped amps to the RF 400.4. Any advice would be appreciated.

18 minutes ago, skylerchamblee said:

I have the hlcds bridged on 1/2 and the mids bridged on 3/4

Yes, they are wired incorrectly. Before swapping to the 400.4, did you also have the horns paired on one chnl and the mids paired on the other? Seek the advice of your Kicker retailer on how to properly wire the 4 drivers and bridge them on that amp. They should also be able to aid in tuning. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kmmarine0352 said:

Has anyone mounted kicker 41km675 tower speakers on the illusion sx tower? I would like to not mount them on the cross bar if I don't have to for head clearance reasons (I'm 6'3) and I barely can walk under the tower as it is lol any help would be great 

I had the KMS on the rzr. They were really great sounding. You should be able to mount them on the hoop on top. Either choice is a good one. Just remember that the kms does not have the hlcd. Or you can buy them empty and put the hlcd in them. I would like to have another pair of the hlcd and another set of cans

Just now, MLA said:

Yes, they are wired incorrectly. Before swapping to the 400.4, did you also have the horns paired on one chnl and the mids paired on the other? Seek the advice of your Kicker retailer on how to properly wire the 4 drivers and bridge them on that amp. They should also be able to aid in tuning. 

Ok. I will swap them back to their own channel. Thanks

no I didn't. One side was on a channel and the other side was on a channel. 

Edited by skylerchamblee
1 minute ago, skylerchamblee said:

Ok. I will swap them back to their own channel. Thanks

no I didn't. One side was on a channel and the other side was on a channel. 

Do you have the manual, I had those and I believe you can bridge the mid and hlcd together as a pair so it'd be a pair on 1/2 and a pair on 3/4.  With the crossover they are designed to behave as one speaker.

48 minutes ago, t a said:

Do you have the manual, I had those and I believe you can bridge the mid and hlcd together as a pair so it'd be a pair on 1/2 and a pair on 3/4.  With the crossover they are designed to behave as one speaker.

Why would I have a manual? Naw I chunked them as well as the old speakers one day on the water. I'm looking at the site now to see if I can find the manual. 

I would like to do the kmt675 I would like to hear them when I'm wakeboarding I'm not much for surfing but this is the first boat that I have ever had that will be able to surf so who knows I might like it now lol

Either choice you will be happy with. We mostly surf now. If I didn't know the difference then I would have been happy either way.  I have ours if you read above on a RF 400.4. It could prolly handle more. But for bang and buck you can't go wrong.

Edited by skylerchamblee

The KMT67 will only mount to the cross hoop of the Illusion tower. The KMS67 mounted in two pair of single pods could be mounted along the illusion uprights. Just note, do not go with the Kicker KMTES pods as they will not align with the illusion bolt pattern. Will need to go with an aftermarket pod of a different brand. 

For wake range projection, you will be better served with the KMS674 as it is a true HLCD setup. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MLA said:

The KMS67 mounted in two pair of single pods could be mounted along the illusion uprights.

27 minutes ago, Kmmarine0352 said:

can you mount them in pods on the side of the tower

The illusion tower has 4 OEM speaker locations, on the uprights, or sides if you want. 

Yes, one set will get the job done, two sets would be eight pods and drivers. 

On 2/19/2017 at 11:44 AM, MLA said:

The illusion tower has 4 OEM speaker locations, on the uprights, or sides if you want. 

Yes, one set will get the job done, two sets would be eight pods and drivers. 

@MLA would 3 on each side fit?

Sorry for my earlier post not being more clear. Each upright or side, has drilled and tapped holes for 2 pods, so 4 total pods in the OEM locations, adding the extra mid-bass woofers would require locating a pair of pods on the rear cross bar. Another option is to put one pair in the upper OEM spots and 2 pair on the hoop. Ive seen that done and it looks good and gets the lowest pod a little higher than the lower OEM spot. 

• Like 1