Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

West Michigan Show Skiers needed

Michigan boarder

We need more skiers on our team!  Grand City Show Skiers.  Some experience, no experience, never skied before, whatever.  All are welcome, any age.  Skiers, climbers, jumpers, footers, wakeboarders, etc.  We have some fantastic equipment and teachers and can get just about anyone on the water and a part of the acts.  We do about 6 or 8 acts per year, then take August off.  Participate in some of them or all of them, it's about having fun on the water and having a good time together.  And, we are sponsored by Tommy's, the local Malibu dealer in Michigan.  They even set us up with hotel rooms for our Walloon Lake show.  P/M me if you would like more information, and/or visit our webpage, or our Facebook page:

http://www.grandcityshowskiers.org/home.html

https://www.facebook.com/grandcityskiers/?fref=ts

• Like 3

@Michigan boarder  Good luck on attracting additional members, some pretty impressive credentials accomplished by the team noted on the website.  Looks like high school / college age kids make up some of the team, I would think that avenue would be a potential opportunity to find new members.  A similar thread is also a hot topic over on BOS specifically targeted at low 3 event tournament participation.  Seems like an overall concern in physically demanding water sports participation, ones that take both physical and mental effort in which to succeed. 

20 hours ago, Woodski said:

@Michigan boarder  Good luck on attracting additional members, some pretty impressive credentials accomplished by the team noted on the website.  Looks like high school / college age kids make up some of the team, I would think that avenue would be a potential opportunity to find new members.  A similar thread is also a hot topic over on BOS specifically targeted at low 3 event tournament participation.  Seems like an overall concern in physically demanding water sports participation, ones that take both physical and mental effort in which to succeed. 

That was the reason they came up with for low tournament turnout?  Because it is physically demanding?

@River Monsters:  No, that is my take on active water sports participation in general so I should have made that clearer.  Reasons on low tournament participation included that along with a complex and confusing set of regulations, large time demands for low activity return, inability to train behind current equipment, and a high barrier to entry due to access and cost.  To me, it appears the show ski option eliminates many of the issues the tournament skier faces and presents a much more team oriented activity.

2 hours ago, Woodski said:

@River Monsters:  No, that is my take on active water sports participation in general so I should have made that clearer.  Reasons on low tournament participation included that along with a complex and confusing set of regulations, large time demands for low activity return, inability to train behind current equipment, and a high barrier to entry due to access and cost.  To me, it appears the show ski option eliminates many of the issues the tournament skier faces and presents a much more team oriented activity.

Plus we have more fun tournaments. :)

http://www.aquaskiers.org/wi-state/

14962642_1386142981396658_41052654877693

• Like 3

Way more fun!!  And it's something you can do with the whole family, kids, wife, everyone.  And - you can focus on what you are good at:  Jumper, barefooting, pyramid, doubles, trio, swivel, run the sound set up, boat driver, pick-up boat driver, marketing, on and on and on.

• 4 years later...

A new season is upon us!  If you know of anyone, at any age, with any skill level - send them our way.  We have skiiers, support staff, boat drivers, sound crew, many different positions that someone can try.  Our shows are a blast.  We push each other to do better.  We try new things.  We work well as a team, and mess around constantly.  It's the best work out you'll ever have.  We begin our dry land practices this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/grandcityskiers

• Like 3