Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 23 LSV Annual Checkup - What Should Be Checked

CharlieBeaU

I'm taking my 2014 23 LSV with the LS3 motor in for it's annual maintenance checkup on 2/27. Aside from the usual (oil, impeller, serpentine belt, vdrive/trans fluid) what else should I ask the dealer (AWS) to look at? Is there anything specific to this year that is a known weak/failure point?

Last year about this time I had the oil changed (Mobil 1 15w-50), replaced the trans fluid in the transmission and vdrive and had a new impeller installed. I changed the engine oil again near the end of last season (Sept) after putting 54 hours on the boat. One thing I don't believe has ever been changed is the engine coolant. It is still perfectly clean and looks brand new but not sure what the recommendation is on it's real world longevity. I've got almost exactly 200 hours on the boat now.

Just now, NWBU said:

I'd ask Jeremy what he's seen and recommends for your boat. He's pretty straight-up on things like this, especially when he's seen the boat before.

Couldn't agree more. We talked for a while at the boat show and he also helped me with a minor gelcoat repair last summer that turned out flawless. I was just wondering if TMC had any tribal knowledge that might not be common knowledge with the dealers yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped the boat off at AWS this morning. Just by chance, we had a random semi-sunny, semi-dry morning in Portland. Is it a little sad that I was excited just having the boat towing behind my truck again?

The guys at AWS are so great. They're going to check everything bow to stern. I can't wait to get the boat back. I'm so stoked about the season starting.