Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Debating my first boat

Dhoffman

Debating a used 2013 21VLX with 300 hours or a new Moomba Craz.  This is our first boat, and the prices are mid $40s vs. $60s respectively.  As this is our first boat, I am torn on what is best.  Our plan is for wake/surf/ski/tube etc.  

Any opinions are appreciated.  Thanks.  

Just now, Cole2001 said:

That trailer doesn't look right, is it included?   I would totally take the Malibu, the moomba feels so cheap. 

Florida is one of those places that owners opt out of the trailer option. I've heard good things of Tommy's been in the market a while. Definite Bu over Moomba for quality. Crawl around it thoroughly and check out the gel coat.. 

3 minutes ago, Dhoffman said:

Yeah.  We are moving to the lake. Boat won't ever come out of the lake or off the lift (hopefully).  

Lift is good, not just for gel coat but deters critters in those parts...

21 minutes ago, Tags said:

that is a steal if you can get it for 45k.....i'm not familiar with Florida boat prices but here in CA that boat, even without a trailer, would be in the 60's

Unless it's been ran in salt water for 4 years.  If it's verifiable as fresh water - jump on it.