Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake 9 Polar Bear Surf 2017

Bawshogg

Just wanted to drop this video here . Always cool to see what Robert and the WAKE 9 crew has to say for this year . Really cool event .Hats off to them being able to put something like this together for enthusiasts. I can't think of ANY event that will provide THIS type of experience for the Rider.

Not surprised at ALL by the boat reviews. All the manufactures have definitely taken things NEXT LEVEL. I had a feeling the industry would do nothing but progress once Surf gate was released.

Enjoy .........

....and PEEP THAT RI:surprised:257 wave!!!!!!

Edited by Bawshogg
32 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

Just wanted to drop this video here . Always cool to see what Robert and the WAKE 9 crew has to say for this year . Really cool event .Hats off to them being able to put something like this together for enthusiasts. I can't think of ANY event that will provide THIS type of experience for the Rider.

Not surprised at ALL by the boat reviews. All the manufactures have definitely taken things NEXT LEVEL. I had a feeling the industry would do nothing but progress once Surf gate was released.

Enjoy .........

....and PEEP THAT RI:surprised:257 wave!!!!!!

The W.E.S.T. Crew also puts on some serious wakesurf demo events. Pretty sure wake9 and WEST do a lot of collaboration for some of their events making for some some spectacular opportunities for the surf community. 

My buddy and Axis owner is flying to Southern Surfest in Georgia, at least 8 boats, 60 Boards, with Pro Riders. Every registered participant will surf each boat with their choice of board. They also have a Pro day that you can sign up for if like more surfing. This year is April 28,29,30. Boats have been Axis, Malibu,Centurion,Nautique,Tige,Supra,Mastercraft,Supreme. Sounds like a fun time. southernsurffest.com

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

Ah ya, That's right :Doh: .  A few of these style events have come around now.

I  just remember WAKE9 has been doing this for several years now. OG's for sure.

Why does it seem Wake9 doesn't wanna bring Malibu or Axis into this? I know they are TIge fanatics/sponsored. Could it be the Surf Gate OG system bad assness they afraid of? Or they still haven't learned any transition tricks and live in the past? The revolution arrived sometime ago Wake9ers.... LOL I enjoy Wake9 stuff but the lack of Bu in the mix is perplexing..

They have had a few Malibu's in the past. What I think it comes down to is the dealer/factory level support for the event. I don't think they have a Malibu dealer in NOR-CAL that wants to participate at that level. I know they are not biased as to what boats show up.....its more of a "Hey, we are doing this event. Would you like to bring a boat" type deal.  The last Malibu I remember was brought by a privateer.

I'm pretty sure the WAKE 9 relationship goes along with the CMS ...the dealer they work with regularly. Its about relationships in a lot of this stuff.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

They have had a few Malibu's in the past. What I think it comes down to is the dealer/factory level support for the event. I don't think they have a Malibu dealer in NOR-CAL that wants to participate at that level. I know they are not biased as to what boats show up.....its more of a "Hey, we are doing this event. Would you like to bring a boat" type deal.  The last Malibu I remember was brought by a privateer.

I'm pretty sure the WAKE 9 relationship goes along with the CMS ...the dealer they work with regularly. Its about relationships in a lot of this stuff.

For sure, I was jokingly bitter by not seeing a 235 wake comparison. As I said I like Wake9's videos and their commitment to the sport. As for relationships, don't know anything about them, thats why I can afford a boat. Relationships also put damper on the boat candy factor and maybe Wake9 will one day factor in  boat candy when making comparisons.. 

The Centurion and the Supra looked really nice. G23 is too, just has a bit of a weird lip.

Is it me or did both the Tige's waves just look Dirty and never really cleaned up????

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

There are several events like this around the country.   The 2016 results are limited at this point though.   Here is the one from UT.  (MALIBU sent 25LSV)

http://www.utahwakeaddicts.com/boats-and-boards.html

M&M Water Sports and Boardco are big supporters of this event. They are also the oldest Centurion dealer and biggest watersports equipment supplier in that region and great people. I'm pretty sure that event was at Lake Jordanelle near Park City. With their help World Champion Pros show up to assist the event. After reading the board selections Im going to heckle them on their Inland choices. Both companies are the same family and again extremely down to earth honest and passionate about watersports.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, saxton15 said:

Yeah....That Ri257 wave is wild!  Man clips like this make it hard to live on the east coast!  

Plenty of room out here for you and don't mind the winters. Its a dry cold making the face shots of champagne powder when skiing so refreshing. If living in the southwest folks surf year round with killer margaritas but without Gators or Sharks.

• Like 2
On 2/15/2017 at 6:23 PM, alpensurf23 said:

My buddy and Axis owner is flying to Southern Surfest in Georgia, at least 8 boats, 60 Boards, with Pro Riders. Every registered participant will surf each boat with their choice of board. They also have a Pro day that you can sign up for if like more surfing. This year is April 28,29,30. Boats have been Axis, Malibu,Centurion,Nautique,Tige,Supra,Mastercraft,Supreme. Sounds like a fun time. southernsurffest.com

Sold out, bought the last two surf spots a week ago and last pro clinic spots(though they maintain a waiting list)  going early to meet new boat buddies Thursday and Friday ( hope your friend can go early as we're getting some folks together)and maybe Monday to surf a locals g21, Scott at surfest set me up with Daniel from Augusta(a phase 5 dealer who competes) hope lake levels come up as I'm considering bringing mine to a VRBO with dock and covered slip, they are some nice cheap rentals like that but they all suffer from water problems at this time and the docks are high and dry, we'll see 

Edited by granddaddy55
On 2/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, DatTexasBoy said:

The Centurion and the Supra looked really nice. G23 is too, just has a bit of a weird lip.

Is it me or did both the Tige's waves just look Dirty and never really cleaned up????

G23 with a wierd lip?  What did they do to ruin a flawless wave on both sides??????

• Like 1
Just now, Bawshogg said:

Flawless.... with a flaw. :rofl:

Must be the operator or set up of operator cause that wave is flawless in a 2013 with stock 2800 in sacs goofy or regular with or without s ton of people 

• Like 1

It may have something to do with that ridiculous Bimini set up! Even collapsed that thing is wing of weight and what's the point of that collapsible tower with it attached? Don't tell me that is quick release...:dontknow: Malibu towers and Bimini have schooled that design even before 2013.. :fingerwag:

8 hours ago, alpensurf23 said:

It may have something to do with that ridiculous Bimini set up! Even collapsed that thing is wing of weight and what's the point of that collapsible tower with it attached? Don't tell me that is quick release...:dontknow: Malibu towers and Bimini have schooled that design even before 2013.. :fingerwag:

My guy would flip those two wings in partially put boot on and yanks that tower down in seconds  by pulling the folded partially covered Bimini into the bow, simple simple, used to do it including folding and booting and yanking down (which takes 2 seconds) total of 20 seconds or less, you guys must own Malibu and just don't know how a G owner would do it.  Perfect shade with side angled wings on that Bimini while still giving plenty of head room

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

My guy would flip those two wings in partially put boot on and yanks that tower down in seconds  by pulling the folded partially covered Bimini into the bow, simple simple, used to do it including folding and booting and yanking down (which takes 2 seconds) total of 20 seconds or less, you guys must own Malibu and just don't know how a G owner would do it.  Perfect shade with side angled wings on that Bimini while still giving plenty of head room

My dealer sells G's as well. Ever seen the ease of G4? Just Yanking G owners chain granddaddy. I'm jealous of there storage no question. How bout the new Master Craft Automated set up... this is turning into a thread hijack!! Whoops!!

• Like 1