Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Wouldn't Shut Off??

Aside from my engine problems last weekend, I ran into an interesting problem at the dock.

Another 05 WSVLX came in for the day and they could not shut off the engine. Shocking.gif

They turned the key 'off', they removed the key, they tried pulling the red toggle switch. Briefly checked some of the ignition connections.

After playing around a while (none of us really mechanically inclined) We finally pulled one of the electical connections in the engine compartment to get it to turn off. They could then start the engine again, but it still would not shut off.

The boat just wanted to run 24/7! Anyone run into this issue? Anything else we coulda/shoulda done??

They were going to take it in to the dealer after the weekend.

Sounds like the boat just wanted to play. Kinda like a dog - you throw the stick once, and he will want you to throw it again. To solve, just go ski until there's no gas left.

why didn't you guys turn the gas off Crazy.gif Our jet skis did that once (kinda like an old diesel engine) and I had to shut off the gas line...10 seconds later it shut off.

Ok,

Here's your clear, mechanical answer.

Somehow, the wire that powers the ignition sytem was shorted to power. I think this was the case because you say the key was off and out and they pulled the lanyard. So, somehow, the ignition system was still getting power. DEFINETLY bring it in and get it fixed.