Sign in to follow this  
TOAST

Engine Wouldn't Shut Off??

TOAST

Aside from my engine problems last weekend, I ran into an interesting problem at the dock.

Another 05 WSVLX came in for the day and they could not shut off the engine. Shocking.gif

They turned the key 'off', they removed the key, they tried pulling the red toggle switch. Briefly checked some of the ignition connections.

After playing around a while (none of us really mechanically inclined) We finally pulled one of the electical connections in the engine compartment to get it to turn off. They could then start the engine again, but it still would not shut off.

The boat just wanted to run 24/7! Anyone run into this issue? Anything else we coulda/shoulda done??

They were going to take it in to the dealer after the weekend.

mrothwell

Sounds like the boat just wanted to play. Kinda like a dog - you throw the stick once, and he will want you to throw it again. To solve, just go ski until there's no gas left.

jetskipro550

why didn't you guys turn the gas off Crazy.gif Our jet skis did that once (kinda like an old diesel engine) and I had to shut off the gas line...10 seconds later it shut off.

Pistol Pete

Ok,

Here's your clear, mechanical answer.

Somehow, the wire that powers the ignition sytem was shorted to power. I think this was the case because you say the key was off and out and they pulled the lanyard. So, somehow, the ignition system was still getting power. DEFINETLY bring it in and get it fixed.

SmoothWaterMan

Good possibility that they have a broken wire at the Alternator.

Peter

Pistol Pete

No kidding?

That's interesting. Even on a 05 boat?