Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help locating a part

97crockjp

I have a 2008 Malibu Wakesetter VTX, kids broke the plastic passthrough window latch and Malibu says they no longer stock the part.  Appears this latch was specific to 2008.  Malibu stocks the replacement window but the window does not come with the latch, even though on my boat this was rivoted into the passthrough window fr Malibu. I was told by Malibu that Pacific Coast Marine Windshields in British Columbia, Canada is the original manufacturer of the part, but I have yet to get a return call from them after several days of emails and phone calls.  I even have the original manufacturers part number but no luck finding one.  Any help is appreciated. Seems there is no alternative for it according to my dealer, and prefer not to just rig something up.  

Or take Bakes' suggestion and buy 2 of these , so they match.

Edited by John I.
Just saw your post in another thread and realized this may not be the part you are looking to replace.

You can make the ones from Bake's work with some ingenuity. 

The reason Malibu won't have parts for you is becuase they bang thier vendors. They originally commissioned PCMW to tool and build that style window and then yanked production and moved it to china . That's why all the newer windows have a differnt Chinese logo on them.

If you can get in contact with PCMW they should be able to get you the right component. That windshield is still listed on thier site 

IMG_2959.PNG

Edited by Bawshogg
55 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

The reason Malibu won't have parts for you is becuase they bang thier vendors. They originally commissioned PCMW to tool and build that style window and then yanked production and moved it to china . That's why all the newer windows have a differnt Chinese logo on them.

Nice. Wonder how much outsourcing of parts Malibu is doing these days.     :surprised:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I looked on the MalibuMarine.com website under "Sunken Treasures" and didn't see the latch you're looking for, but these guys seem to have some obscure stuff so it might be worth a phone call to see if they can help. Good Luck!

So here is the scoop.  Malibu part number for the window latch is 5791012, Malibu no longer carries the part, Pacific Coast Marine Windshields part number is HK-5-BK-649 is no longer available, they stopped manufacturing the part in 2008.  So I tried one last option, call every Malibu dealer listed on the Malibu site in the US and Canada, got lucky and found the part I needed at a dealer in British Columbia.  They had quantity 1!!!!

Thanks for all the post replies. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, 97crockjp said:

So here is the scoop.  Malibu part number for the window latch is 5791012, Malibu no longer carries the part, Pacific Coast Marine Windshields part number is HK-5-BK-649 is no longer available, they stopped manufacturing the part in 2008.  So I tried one last option, call every Malibu dealer listed on the Malibu site in the US and Canada, got lucky and found the part I needed at a dealer in British Columbia.  They had quantity 1!!!!

Thanks for all the post replies. 

Dam! That's cool