Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 M235 vs LSV

TOwake

Can you give more information about how you currently boat and how you plan to use the new one? And would you have storage, lift or towing issues with either one?

I'd buy the M235 if $ was taken out of the discussion, but I'm not there yet. The price difference may be closer to $40K for comparably equipped boats but will be more if the M is optioned up.

On 2/13/2017 at 4:33 PM, asp13 said:

What do you like to do when on the water, how many people usually? Like said above very different boats...

On 2/13/2017 at 4:35 PM, NWBU said:

Can you give more information about how you currently boat and how you plan to use the new one? And would you have storage, lift or towing issues with either one?

I'd buy the M235 if $ was taken out of the discussion, but I'm not there yet. The price difference may be closer to $40K for comparably equipped boats but will be more if the M is optioned up.

Mostly use them for wakeboarding/surfing (been doing it for a while now) with usually no more then 10 people. I didnt realize the boats were so different. Can someone go into detail about what the biggest differences are. I dont have problems with storage or lifts but the boats will be used only during the summers as I live in Canada

This is easy to answer I have had several 23 LSV's and I got the M last May.  The biggest one is weight the M is a lot more:) it does not need a lot of weight added.  When you build a 23 just click all the options and you will get close to the M. When I built mine it was the first time I have ever taken things off the build list.  The M is the best Malibu I have ever owned it does everything great. Can't wait to put it out there with a friends new 24. When this one sells I will buy another M.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

Are you able to get to a boat show in the next few weeks to compare the two? Honestly that would be the best way. The M is a massive and extremely heavy boat so don't assume your current lift is ok. To be honest you may want to make sure that your current lift will be ok for the lsv. The M also drafts almost 3' of water so you need to look into that too. I'm not saying don't buy the M because it's an amazing boat but there are things that need to be checked first.

What boat do you have now? Either boat is going to be a massive upgrade in wake for boarding and wave for surfing. 

On 2/13/2017 at 5:21 PM, RevWil said:

If money and water depth are non-issues, get the M. 

Water depth is huge not just for the obvious reason of running a ground but for the performance in Wake surfing. Deeper hulled boats need more depth beneath when producing a Wake for surfing. Also I would add if trailering was in the the equation that a 23 LSV is a double axle and a 235 or 25 is a triple. Your boat ramps lengths and depth will also factor into equation dependent to where you are and if your Lake loses water over course of season. If keeping on a lift also should be considered as mentioned above. Congrats on whatever you choose!

Edited by alpensurf23

^^ u can do a dual axle on a 25 but not on the M from what I've seen... if u trailer a lot then obviously uay want tripple on the 25 as well though.. 

M is much deeper boat and should be compared to the 24 or 25 IMO not against the 23 .. yes both may be 23 but size wise not even close