Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Photo Management recommendations.

LarsJensen

Can anyone recommend any other website where I can store photos and link here besides Photobucket? That site is full of click bait and all sorts of other nastiness. 

Many thanks!

56 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Supporting members can post pictures directly into the thread. No off site hosting. 

I always have a hard time posting photos within the size limitation. Seems like a standard iPhone photo is too large. Even tried shrink my pic app to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?  

On 2/12/2017 at 10:06 PM, Ronnie said:

Supporting members can post pictures directly into the thread. No off site hosting. 

Thanks so much. Had no idea we could help fund the site.  I'm a newbie!!! Looked and looked on where to officially sign up.  Found it in the store. Will sign up immediately (you guys should charge more...or request bottles of bourbon!!!). 

I am curious to keep answers coming as well.  Photobucket has become so slow and full of garbage ads that I hate going on there.  I was about to go on a rant, but I think many of you have seen it.  

And I have a couple hundred pics stored there that I do not want to lose.  

• Like 3

I hear ya. I have another website that I run and many of the photos are hosted at photobucket. I'm going to phase out. As for Here I just became a supporter and it works well. I can cut an image down on iPad by emailing to myself a smaller file or via  the "Image Size" app. The latter works real well, too. 

On 2/13/2017 at 9:02 AM, Ronnie said:

I try to make all my pictures ~600X800. iPhone photos are too big right off the phone. I change the size on my Mac in Preview.

Ronnie, I just downloaded the "Image Size" app for iPad. I can cut down a 3-4 MB image to under the Crew limit in about 5 seconds and upload right from my Photos.  See sample below (143 kb)!!!

IMG_0861.JPG

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LarsJensen said:

Ronnie, I just downloaded the "Image Size" app for iPad. I can cut down a 3-4 MB image to under the Crew limit in about 5 seconds and upload right from my Photos.  See sample below (143 kb)!!!

IMG_0861.JPG

Perfect size on my 27" screen. Thanks for the Support!

6 hours ago, LarsJensen said:

IMG_0861.JPG

That worked perfectly - thanks!

If you are a supporting member and post pics directly to the site (after resizing), you can select them again when replying to a future thread in seconds under "insert other media", then "from existing attachment", and then you can attach as many as you like to a post, no size limitation.  I can scroll thru all of my pics right off of the site, nice when you have a bunch of engine pics.

For example:Rear of trailer compressed.jpg2016 stereo resized.jpg2016 ribs 5resized.jpgYour mom on French toast resized.jpg2016 Art Prize fundraiser 2.jpg2016 winter storage 2 compressed.jpg2016 lift removal resized.jpg2016 engine pic 6 resized.jpg2016 Closed and open bows compressed.jpg454 engine starboard side.jpg2016 Luna and bu.jpg2016 New Coleman camper resized.jpg

I don't have nearly as much problem with Photobucket, from my Droid cell or tablet, or Win10 PC. A few ads, but no click bait, and I can paste the link right in the body of any forum or email. Guess I should just be grateful but it makes me wonder why.

Nevertheless, since it was mentioned, I decided to check out Amazon Primes photo hosting. Loading a pic was easy enough. But I haven't figured out how to post the picture. The link doesn't show a .Jpg filename so the forum doesn't allow it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/kTpYy3LQFuU6pDv7WYP6JvoBl8uWBZmLf2DfEicZcLx

Edited by Bill_AirJunky