Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tracking fin alignment

repton footer

The tracking fins on my Echelon were not in alignment. I was told that it was okay and correct. I haven't spend enough time under my Sunscape to know their position. 

Edited by coldwater-echelon

I would imagine you would want them aligned a straight as possible, especially for a ski boat or you may end up with some undesired tracking issues. I have seen a few boat where the lead tracking fin has been slightly rolled. A result of being beached I would imagine. Both of my gorilla fins are at a right angle to the hull and aligned to one another. I bet some otherwise not wrecked out of alignment issues could just be poor hull construction or poor assembly when made.

Both my "99" & "00" RLX had the fins ever so offset.  The "99" was the boat you see overhaed at boat shows. Noticed the fins,  talked with my dealer and Malibu's head of promo department right there and told it was to help with tracking. 

Our "05" RLXI are in line, "90" Supra had the rudder offset so y you could pull the drive shaft easy.  Anything possible. 

Edited by onamission

I'm in my 3rd Response right now. Everyone of them bought brand new.

Not one of them had the tracking fins aligned in a straight line.

I assume they mount them a bit off on purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2017 at 10:38 PM, repton footer said:

Can anyone tell me if the tracking fins (either 2 or 3) line up and are perpendicular with the centre line of the bottom of boat

perpendicular or parallel to the centerline of the boat?