Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Countdown to delivery has begun!

LarsJensen

Nice looking boat and welcome. Did similar adventure couple years ago and still look back on that as one of most fun and nervous things I've done with a boat. Traveled about 1700 miles round trip with a good friend which made it easier. Left 40 degree weather to arrive in Phoenix Az. With 70 degree weather, tested boat, paid previous owner then headed home to hit crazy snow storm in southern Utah. Luckily had cover for boat and speakers which made the clean up when I got home a lot more manageable. Enjoy the adventure and hopefully no problem along the way. Look forward to your posts to see how it goes.

Looking forward to follow this journey. Welcome and thanks in advance. You guy's are gonna water test it in WV?  Brrrr !  The boat looks awesome. Maybe you can share some of the boats history as you learn it. It's cools to know a bit about a boats owners and the place a boat's been used and slept.

Steve B.

One week from today! This is worse than waiting for Christmas morning as a kid. 

Just learned I will be in San Fran Monday through Wednesday next week. Arrive in Chicago at 7pm Wednesday night then I'll get in the truck and start heading east. Hope to make it to Cincinnati that late evening/early AM. Then punch out the last 170 miles the next morning. Too ambitious?

already acquired the trailer buddy wheel ramp for changing a flat on a tandem trailer, bearings (bearing buddies) and axles/tires/brakes are all good. Just hope the weather cooperates for a ski run and trailering home. (Might winterize at sellers location or at No Wake Marina in Cincinnati. Again, all depends on weather/temps. Driving from 60s to mid 20s. 

I see you only have one hitch in your loading. When I went to retrieve my Bu in Phoenix I made sure I took 3 different heights not knowing how the trailer was set up. Glad I did, had to make a few adjustments to get her home. An adjustable one would be ideal if you could get your hands on one. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Idaorr said:

I see you only have one hitch in your loading. When I went to retrieve my Bu in Phoenix I made sure I took 3 different heights not knowing how the trailer was set up. Glad I did, had to make a few adjustments to get her home. An adjustable one would be ideal if you could get your hands on one. Good luck.

Thanks so much. I thought of this last week when I stumbled into the exact version of my truck with a hitch that was significantly offset. Took a pic to remind myself. Here it is. 

IMG_0594.JPG

Edited by LarsJensen
16 minutes ago, LarsJensen said:

Sorry , had to edit photo. Packing is done. Wetsuit, slalom ski, tools, chocks, ratchet straps, etc, etc. 

IMG_0590.JPG

Good call on the edit. It looks like you're getting all of the bases covered for the trip.

I'm looking forward to following the adventure!

Last year I did a little over 2000 miles round trip to pick up our slalom boat. Prior owner put 5 new tires on it, repacked all the bearings and had the brakes checked before I got there. Made for a smooth ride home. 

Left my house Thursday am, arrived at sellers lake, test drove, did paper work and started home. Arrived home Friday night with the slalom boat, didn't get to actually ski until Sunday though.

Good luck this time of year!

The seller and I have done are due diligence in ensuring a good transaction. Trailer has been checked out from head to toe. Brake solenoid, bearings (bearing buddies) brakes, fluids, and tires (new), spare, are all good. Will check for heat on the hubs every stop. Only variable is to determine whether I need an offset hitch to make sure weight is evenly distributed between axles. 

Made it to Chicago already this morning. Quick jaunt to San Fran and then the real journey begins Wednesday night.