Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 2017 seriously electrical failure

It says rev8 but they are not. When you open the speakers the speakers are smaller they are 60 watss, they look pretty lame. The rev 8 weights double than the M235 factory speakers. I change them for 6 rev 8 200 watss. the diference is absolute. Well When you design your boat you should ask for no music or the less expensive package. The subwoofer also is puke. Thats my next change a 12" focal subwoofer. Another important issue. There is no way to tune the amplifiers, they are all closed, so the only way to do it is in the factory or by a malibu computer, thats piss me a lot, because those amplifiers worth nothing with out the oportunity to tune them. 

Edited by system55
57 minutes ago, system55 said:

It says rev8 but they are not. When you open the speakers the speakers are smaller they are 60 watss, they look pretty lame. The rev 8 weights double than the M235 factory speakers. I change them for 6 rev 8 200 watss. the diference is absolute. Well When you design your boat you should ask for no music or the less expensive package. The subwoofer also is puke. Thats my next change a 12" focal subwoofer. Another important issue. There is no way to tune the amplifiers, they are all closed, so the only way to do it is in the factory or by a malibu computer, thats piss me a lot, because those amplifiers worth nothing with out the oportunity to tune them. 

Wait a sec.... the Rev 8s on your M235 were not actually Rev 8s???? 

Just now, Fman said:

They are wetsounds, but they are not rev8 exactly the rev8 I bought directly to wetsounds are bigger and heavier. It looks like the factory ask to wetsounds for a modify rev8 the enclousere has leds. let me look for the pictures I take when I disasembly the speakers. the speakers int he boat also are smaller than the wetsounds sell in the web page. the amplifiers are set to 2 omhs so it sounds loud but not to clearly. 

Now I install 6 rev8 and focal amplifiers. And sounds perfect and loud. the speakers of the boat are hardly notice with this new configuration.

Anyone know how true thus statement is?  I have the Rev 8/stereo package in my mxz and I think it sounds horrible.  The set up in my last boat was ws420, 1 pair rev 10, 6 650s, 15" JL sub, Syn dx6 and dx4. Sounded Crisp and Loud!

Still trying to decide what to do with my stereo, but I can post on the stereo forum.  Just trying to understand the validity of the statement by system55.

Thanks.

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, Icon said:

Anyone know how true thus statement is?  I have the Rev 8/stereo package in my mxz and I think it sounds horrible.  The set up in my last boat was ws420, 1 pair rev 10, 6 650s, 15" JL sub, Syn dx6 and dx4. Sounded Crisp and Loud!

Still trying to decide what to do with my stereo, but I can post on the stereo forum.  Just trying to understand the validity of the statement by system55.

Thanks.

I'd be taking my tower speakers down and taking them apart as system did to check. This is crazy if true.

Just now, Icon said:

Thanks.

well, I can take photos next week. You will see. If you contact Malibu and ask for the technical data of the speakers they have to tell you whats going on.

When I bought the M235 I didnt ask, an I dont think nobody does because you are thinking you are buying the top of the line.

But the fact is that I have both speakers, The Rev8 from wetsound and the rev8 from malibu and the diference is overwelming.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnGjFqtuN7_wgdNdMs52tZaBJqkMRA

that photo is from the original speakers

Let me check for a video I took

On 2017-6-11 at 3:14 PM, Fman said:

They are wetsounds, but they are not rev8 exactly the rev8 I bought directly to wetsounds are bigger and heavier. It looks like the factory ask to wetsounds for a modify rev8 the enclousere has leds. let me look for the pictures I take when I disasembly the speakers. the speakers int he boat also are smaller than the wetsounds sell in the web page. the amplifiers are set to 2 omhs so it sounds loud but not to clearly. 

Now I install 6 rev8 and focal amplifiers. And sounds perfect and loud. the speakers of the boat are hardly notice with this new configuration.

16 minutes ago, Icon said:

Thanks.

Let me add that I replace the amplifiers and tower speakers of the M235 with REAL power kicking wet sounds and the diference is absolute.

11 minutes ago, system55 said:

well, I can take photos next week. You will see. If you contact Malibu and ask for the technical data of the speakers they have to tell you whats going on.

When I bought the M235 I didnt ask, an I dont think nobody does because you are thinking you are buying the top of the line.

But the fact is that I have both speakers, The Rev8 from wetsound and the rev8 from malibu and the diference is overwelming.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnGjFqtuN7_wgdNdMs52tZaBJqkMRA

that photo is from the original speakers

Let me check for a video I took

The speakers that you linked to are NOT HLCD speakers, and as such, NOT Rev8 ... they are probably ICON 8. I'm attaching it here so that everyone can see it more easily. Note that on an HLCD Speaker (which the rev8/rev10 are) you will have a horn coming through the middle of the mid-bass driver.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/ICON8

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-07 at 5.13.26 PM.jpeg

Edited by boardjnky4

yeah wonder if you actually ordered the Rev8's if you did you should be getting some money back if you went out and bought your own b/c those arent REV8's 

4 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

The speakers that you linked to are NOT HLCD speakers ... they are probably ICON 8.

Malibu change the enclosure to install leds on the rim. 

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnGjFqtuN7_wgdNe3vjUk-kB1-Mzjg

this is a photo, when we install the first pair of rev8 in the center of the tower. after we have the problem that the 2 rev8 sound louder thatn the other 4 fabric speaker. So We have to change them all

I find one video https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnGjFqtuN7_wgdNfpQhTZ9LVToeP0w

its only for the first pair, we measure the db an the rev8 sound double loud than the original

Edited by system55

Regardless of the enclosure, the speaker is NOT a Rev8. It's clear to see. If you paid for Rev8, then you are owed a refund.

Those Malibu speakers are ICON 8 in a custom Malibu enclosure. They are NOT Rev8 in a custom Malibu enclosure.

This is common knowledge. I understand that you might not have experience with this stuff, but I (and others) spend a lot of time around Malibu boats, so you can trust that what I am telling you is correct.

Edit: From the link I provided in my last post

The ICON 8 utilizes an 8 inch continuous cone mid bass driver with a grille mounted pure 1 inch titanium tweeter in a smaller form factor housing size.

Which is exactly what you have. Like I said earlier, a REV speaker does not have a continuous mid-bass cone. The Horn driver comes through the middle of the mid-bass cone.

Edited by boardjnky4
1 minute ago, boardjnky4 said:

Regardless of the enclosure, the speaker is NOT a Rev8. It's clear to see. If you paid for Rev8, then you are owed a refund.

Those Malibu speakers are ICON 8 in a custom Malibu enclosure. They are NOT Rev8 in a custom Malibu enclosure.

This is common knowledge. I understand that you might not have experience with this stuff, but I (and others) spend a lot of time around Malibu boats, so you can trust that what I am telling you is correct.

let me check the invoice

Just now, system55 said:

Dear Friends. I must ask for an apoligie, I was in the believe that my M235 has rev8, I was wrong, sorry to make you all waste your time. The invoice says that they are Icon 8. But still the factory speakers are junk.

I AM SORRY. thanks for your time.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnGjFqtuN7_wgdNgg99rSu9KLshvZg

Dont feel bad it was cheap entertainment :) However, I am surprised you would be so disappointed in the Icon 8's... those are definitely high quality speakers when properly powered.

No worries System55,  thanks for checking.  I'm going to take a look at mine regardless this weekend as I know they are rev8.  Perhaps it's just me and I'm being a bit picky of the sound quality.  I'll keep playing around with it or upgrade this winter if I can't get it right.

Thanks!

Just now, Icon said:

No worries System55,  thanks for checking.  I'm going to take a look at mine regardless this weekend as I know they are rev8.  Perhaps it's just me and I'm being a bit picky of the sound quality.  I'll keep playing around with it or upgrade this winter if I can't get it right.

Thanks!

Ironic user name

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, system55 said:

Dear Friends. I must ask for an apoligie, I was in the believe that my M235 has rev8, I was wrong, sorry to make you all waste your time. The invoice says that they are Icon 8. But still the factory speakers are junk.

Send em my way if you dont keep em...

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, system55 said:

No worries. Props to you for coming back on here and posting this. It helps when there is someone else is searching for something and this thread comes up. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, system55 said:

On 6/12/2017 at 10:08 AM, JasonK said:

Malibu changing the actual Rev* speaker really makes me think Malibu sucks. They are busted!

23 hours ago, JasonK said:

MALIBU IS BUSTED PUTTING A CHEAP VERSION OF THE REV8'S IN THEIR BOATS?

Wait, so Malibu isn't busted?

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Wait, so Malibu isn't busted?

and even better statement.. lets see:

1. WetSounds has a reputation at stake here also 
    1. Putting in "Cheap knockoffs" would also hurt their image
    2. So WetSounds would not allow this and if someone is changing them (boat manufacture, dealer, stereo dealer) WetSounds would have legal recourse.
  2. Why would Malibu risk a lawsuit over a "cheap version" of something they are selling at premium price?

I know this all started with a misunderstanding and props to @system55 for realizing and posting it. 

However, this is one of multiple threads that I have seen lately trashing Malibu and then realizing later that oops.. buyer mistake or buyer caused the issue to boat and did not know it...etc...etc

Sometimes I wonder if this site actually has any validity anymore... or just trolls and haters . 

• Like 3