Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 2017 seriously electrical failure

I am in Mexico. There is an autorized dealer here. Performanceboats.com,mx but 80% of the boats here are Nautique. They are trying to expand their buisness but is dificult, everyone is use to nautique boats.

10 minutes ago, system55 said:

I am in Mexico. There is an autorized dealer here. Performanceboats.com,mx but 80% of the boats here are Nautique. They are trying to expand their buisness but is dificult, everyone is use to nautique boats.

How long have they carried Malibu?  

System, I'm just concerned what is proving so difficult for them.  It's not that hard to work backwards and determine why you have low voltage like you have, at least so far as isolating the "area" of the electrical system.  Each "step" for electricity coming from alternator and/or batteries to the system can be tested.  What is it they have done besides replace batteries and battery switch?  I'm not saying they are not competent but have they shared everything they have done?

Edited by 85 Barefoot

I dont think thats acurate. Most of the items I have buy work fine. We consume a lot of products in boats and off road. This is the first time I have so many problems in  a boat

Just now, system55 said:

I dont think thats acurate. Most of the items I have buy work fine. We consume a lot of products in boats and off road. This is the first time I have so many problems in  a boat

Read my post again with a Donald Trump accent...

55 minutes ago, system55 said:

system, can you list, item by item, the symptoms you are experiencing?

1) nav lights stay on

2) low voltage when engine is running

3) flickering command screen

what else?

14 hours ago, system55 said:

update: this weekend the dealer change the alternator the main switch and both batteries. The M235 didnt fail once in all the weekend. I think they solve the problem ¡¡¡

Great news, glad you're all sorted out

Now that the issues are resolved, can you elaborate on having both an M235 and G23?  I almost posted that this thread sounded like some serious trolling but then you proved me wrong with pics.  Both boats look sweet.  Just trying to figure out "The Why?"  I couldn't imagine owning one of these but to walk outside before heading to the lake and trying to figure out, Do I take the M or the G?  

Well that's a dificult answer.

Without any doubt. The wave of the M235 is amazing. I love wake surf so this is my preferred boat for play. You don't need add ballast. The boat has some issues. It's not as luxury as the g23.

The g23 is a "family (party) boat" the jl audio music system is way better and louder than the wetsound of the m235.

It has a better distribution of the storage and the cooler is in the floor and in the rear. I think thats better than below the lateral seat. Also I think the motor is better but only time will tell.

It is difficult that in a turn the water comes inside the g23. The m235 is lower and because of the size of the wave it's easily to take some water in the bow.

I can only say that if you want to ride a big and beautiful wave go for the m235 if you want a good wave and incredible factory sound go for the G2.

My opinion is for wakesurfers.

I am going to sell the G23 I would love to have both but it's too much.

If nautique change their wave system perhaps I will return but right now the wave of the M235 is glorious!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, system55 said:

Well that's a dificult answer.

Without any doubt. The wave of the M235 is amazing. I love wake surf so this is my preferred boat for play. You don't need add ballast. The boat has some issues. It's not as luxury as the g23.

The g23 is a "family (party) boat" the jl audio music system is way better and louder than the wetsound of the m235.

It has a better distribution of the storage and the cooler is in the floor and in the rear. I think thats better than below the lateral seat. Also I think the motor is better but only time will tell.

It is difficult that in a turn the water comes inside the g23. The m235 is lower and because of the size of the wave it's easily to take some water in the bow.

I can only say that if you want to ride a big and beautiful wave go for the m235 if you want a good wave and incredible factory sound go for the G2.

My opinion is for wakesurfers.

I am going to sell the G23 I would love to have both but it's too much.

If nautique change their wave system perhaps I will return but right now the wave of the M235 is glorious!!

A sale of the G could cover one helluva stereo upgrade to the M.  Just sayin!

On 2/9/2017 at 10:25 AM, system55 said:

I had the meeting with the dealer. Amazing client service. I told them every idea in this topic. We coincide in some. They are going to change selector. Regulator. Bateríes and reload software. They will check if the nav light are connected properly.

Hope thus will fix the boat.

And.. yes I made a bad comparison with the cars but it's a expensive machine I has to work flawless.

Thanks

Been in your shoes with electrical gremlins however not on a 235. Regardless of the price tag of any new vehicle it is natural to become frustrated and disappointed when stuff like this happens. My experience has been that Malibu and my dealer acknowledged and did their best to understand mine. Most important they did something about it. Sounds like your dealer gets it as well as many here in the Crew. Keep us posted please on the results you get. They should make it right. As far as Nautique they are nice boats but they do not have as experienced, supportive and fun forum as Malibucrew to back them up. :werule:

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Update, since changing bateries everything runs perfect.  The wave is amazing, I am going to add a 400lbs ballast bag to make a tsunami, jaja. Everybody hates me in the lake I have to go far away from other boats.

If you are going to buy a M235 DONT spend money on the sound system. its crap. They look nice on the outside buy when you open the speakers they are like 60 watss and all are in 2 ohms.

I change the tower speakers for real 200 watss wetsounds and 2 focal amplifiers. Sounds like the trumpets of God ¡¡

38 minutes ago, system55 said:

Update, since changing bateries everything runs perfect.  The wave is amazing, I am going to add a 400lbs ballast bag to make a tsunami, jaja. Everybody hates me in the lake I have to go far away from other boats.

If you are going to buy a M235 DONT spend money on the sound system. its crap. They look nice on the outside buy when you open the speakers they are like 60 watss and all are in 2 ohms.

I change the tower speakers for real 200 watss wetsounds and 2 focal amplifiers. Sounds like the trumpets of God ¡¡

Confused, I thought the Wetsounds system was Rev 8's?  Are they not actually Rev 8's?  I have never heard of a 60watt Wetsounds tower speaker.