Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trading for a new boat. Need advice...

jason427

On 2/8/2017 at 9:51 AM, jason427 said:

24 is pushing it for my boathouse. 25' is out. 

So 24' and under what is best Malibu for Surfing?

If your strictly surfing your best bet is the 25lsv.

without seeing your boat house i'll bet you could buy a 2016 or 2017  25lsv  and extend your boat house cheaper than buying a new 24mxz. food for thought at least.. that is....if you love to surf! hah

happy shopping!

Edited by The Hulk

As has been stated numerous times, if its flat out wave you want then the answer is simple.  It there are other things you want, then you need to decide for yourself.  Youll know in 10 seconds if you prefer a pickle over conventional.  If you dont like pickleforks, dont even drive an MXZ cause the wave isnt that much better to outweigh the footprint.  Same idea goes for Brand, Speakers, Tower, Carpet, Vinyl etc.  Decision will be pretty straight forward and the wave is likely the last thing youll need to worry about cause theyre all gonna have a wave you can surf.  If wave IS the only thing you care about, period then I revert to my previous statement about different brands but overall I think Malibu has the best package lb for lb, and if youre looking for value, the 23lsv is the boat to beat.  AGAIN, it wont have the BEST surf wave even compared to other malibus but $ for $ its the boat and thats why so many have it and why resale values are so good. 

Adding to complexity just a bit, styling is very different, but cabin area of 23LSV and 24 MXZ are almost identical in size.  The extra 17" is all in the Bow.  Having bow space is great, we use ours, but most don't.  

19 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Adding to complexity just a bit, styling is very different, but cabin area of 23LSV and 24 MXZ are almost identical in size.  The extra 17" is all in the Bow.  Having bow space is great, we use ours, but most don't.  

Not in the 2017+ model.

1 hour ago, NAW said:

Not in the 2017+ model.

Correct.  The 2017 24mxz cabin is cabin is larger than the 23LSV, but they're similar.  I measured it and it was about 5-6" longer than the 23LSV.  The new MXZ is slightly larger than the old one.  For example the 22MXZ is 22'5 and almost 6" longer than the old model.  Check Malibu's site for more details on overall length compared to the earlier models.

I think he's ......or the questions are about the new , redesigned MXZ's . They are a bit more robust in the waistline. Lots of freeboard and more stock ballast than the previous version you had Ed. 

• Like 2

It's odd on the new MXZs.  It needs no weight stock and only a 150-200 of lead with pnp.  It's better than my 14 23lsv when it comes to bow weight needed.  I'm not sure why.  I was really surprised when we demoed it.  I'm looking forward to a fun summer testing it out.

Mastercraft is the best boat, team talk is the best site. End of story. mic drop...

I kid..... :)

Edited by skurfer
On 2/9/2017 at 9:56 PM, bamaboy said:

Hey have you considered a G23 AKA the king of all towboats? I kid I kid!!!

Seriously though the 23 lsv to me is about as close to a perfect boat as you can get.  Awesome looking, sweet surf wave, good wakeboard wake, plenty of room and ultra high resale value.  The only downside is they might update it in 2018.  But who cares?  Still a sick, classic boat.

But the 18' may, just may have the Malibu power plants.... I don't do 1st Year models ....EVER

23 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

But the 18' may, just may have the Malibu power plants.... I don't do 1st Year models ....EVER

Where is your sense of adventure.   You could be a pioneer, work the kinks out.   Live life on the bleeding edge.  

• Like 2