Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trading for a new boat. Need advice...

jason427

We currently have an Axis T22, when we load the crap out of it with ballast it makes an amazing surf wave. We use the boat more than I would have ever thought. 

I want to get a Malibu now that I know it will get used.

We ONLY surf. That's it, never wakeboard. Only surfing. So aside from the big M series what would be the BEST Malibu setup for Surfing. 

We are leaning towards the 24MXZ

Do you all think this would be the best choice?

Thanks,
Jason

39 minutes ago, jason427 said:

24 is pushing it for my boathouse. 25' is out. 

So 24' and under what is best Malibu for Surfing?

The 24MXZ is 24'5" and 22MXZ is 22'5". Just a heads up.  But the M is 23'5" :whistle:

Edited by Suggy

Also, why did you rule out the M235? Because of price? If you were looking to buy a 2017 24MXZ (never priced one of those out), I bet you could get a used/demo 2016 M235 for cheaper.  Quite a few on onlyinboards for 140-150k.  However, if you're looking for a used 24MXZ, then it's quite the jump to a M235.  I wouldn't rule out the M yet

1 hour ago, 05hammerhead said:

MXZ but as everyone always says, shop around.  The new Ri series boats are pretty sick.

Whats the Ri series?

I love our Axis. We live on the coast and corrosion is a b****. I like some of the streamlined stuff on the Malibu, Bimini top has less metal showing, some of the features are pretty sweet as well. 

MXZ is a stretch size wise. The M I figured was out of range. The boatshow price for a loaded up MXZ was under 130k. Not sure I could get a low hours M for that much. 

5 minutes ago, jason427 said:

Whats the Ri series?

I love our Axis. We live on the coast and corrosion is a b****. I like some of the streamlined stuff on the Malibu, Bimini top has less metal showing, some of the features are pretty sweet as well. 

MXZ is a stretch size wise. The M I figured was out of range. The boatshow price for a loaded up MXZ was under 130k. Not sure I could get a low hours M for that much. 

Centurion. 

I really liked the Malibus and Wes at Tommy's is just so great to work with. I don't see switching from Axis or Malibu unless the wave was just crazy better... which I am not convinced any other boats are.

1 hour ago, jason427 said:

Whats the Ri series?

You should demo both.  24MXZ and Ri237.  Each has its advantages, and disadvantages.  Wave wise for a SURF ONLY person, Ri237 has a better wave. 

Just now, DarkSide said:

You should demo both.  24MXZ and Ri237.  Each has its advantages, and disadvantages.  Wave wise for a SURF ONLY person, Ri237 has a better wave. 

Whats your opinion on advantages/disadvantages of both if you have seen them or better yet surfed them?

Thanks,
Jason

Well, I can't tell you the difference in the two boats because I'm not a Centurion fan. 

I'm just giving the guys that are recommending a different boat brand than what you are actually looking for a hard time. :Tease3: Most of them forget that this is a Malibu enthusiasts website and we allow other boat brand enthusiasts to be here. When you have Non Supporting Members here recommending other brands, it just rubs me the wrong way a bit. Kind of like the other brand sales guy that bashes the boat you have.

You are free to discuss any boat you want here.

• Like 3
Just now, Bawshogg said:

Just a horrible user experience over there. NO CONTENT....sucks to post pictures..... You guys definitely have the best forum going.:werule:

Maybe you could add a sub-forum in the "off topic" area for "OTHER" boats???

That is exactly why we started this site and got out of WakesideRides originally. We didn't want to be "That all boating site".

I get it. That site sucked too. I remember the merge.

Problem is as I see it @Ronnie, this a pretty tight nit group . I have several forum acquaintances that have turned into friendships from this site. I feel probably the same as the other guys that may have or might have chosen a different brand for the time being....You still wanna BS with your buddy's.....hang out at the bar....per say..

I know at times I have posted "other" brand stuff and it typically gets moved to "off topic". Which is fine....at least you would know where to find such content and the other folks that have moved on to other brands, but still love this site would still have a venue to post junk and keep it from derailing the Malibu specific topics. Just a thought....

If we paid.....in which I have more than I haven't.....Would that rub you the right way????:yes:

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

I get it. That site sucked too. I remember the merge.

Problem is as I see it @Ronnie, this a pretty tight nit group . I have several forum acquaintances that have turned into friendships from this site. I feel probably the same as the other guys that may have or might have chosen a different brand for the time being....You still wanna BS with your buddy's.....hang out at the bar....per say..

I know at times I have posted "other" brand stuff and it typically gets moved to "off topic". Which is fine....at least you would know where to find such content and the other folks that have moved on to other brands, but still love this site would still have a venue to post junk and keep it from derailing the Malibu specific topics. Just a thought....

If we paid.....in which I have more than I haven't.....Would that rub you the right way????:yes:

In the end, it really doesn't matter. It's not my website. I'm only a vote. The "rules" for now are any boat goes. There are a lot of discussions on other boats here as you know. That's just the way it is. I think you were around long enough to remember the old MBO and the transition to wakesiderides. Like I mentioned, this site evolved out of MBO to WSR to TMC when they went to All Boat brands. They didn't last much longer after that and were sold. I suppose I'm still stuck in that mode. My issue is when a current Malibu/Axis owner asks for info on a Malibu and gets info for another brand from another brand (Non Supporting) owner on a Malibu/Axis enthusiasts site. That Ain't Right! 

• Like 3