Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Found the perfect boat, but....

LS1boarder

It has PURPLE accents! It actually looks really cool, but just not my style. It's a 23 LSV and has the purple accent on the side and a strip above on the top of the gunnel. I got to thinking, how much hassle do you think this would be to have repainted? There are no purple accents in the interior and it's really not a big area. How much would this cost? Thanks for the help! Looking to upgrade, just need to find the right boat at the right price. 

Is it something that could be wrapped?  

I think purple is a tough color.  Kind of like pink.  When I was in the market, I found a used 23LSV with pink accents in the gel as well as the interior.  It was $10k less than any comparable boats.  And I still wasn't interested.

It's a tough color but man when the sun is shining on it, it is one of the best looking colors.  If I was selling my boat, I would only show it in morning or late afternoon.  The flake is truly stunning in the right light. In flat light, it does not look that great.  

Edited by t a
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Fwiw, the surf gate and platform will be below the water most of the time. Even without ballast the gates are 50% below the water. 

In the used market that is a great looking boat imo. The majority of the boat is white with black or black flake it looks like. Basically one accent of purple flake looks good with it, again my opinion. If it's a good price like you say I wouldn't run away because of the purple. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LS1boarder said:

http://www.skierspier.com/new_galleria.asp?veh=443557&pov=4829627

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get the actual picture to load. There's the link though. Hopefully that works. I love the price, but I just can't love the color. 

Have you seen it in person?  I personally think purple looks best with black or charcoal so the silver is throwing it off for me.  Silver flake doesn't photograph well so could be completely different in person. Looks like an all flake boat so prob looks incredible in person.  I wouldn't paint over gel coat personally but a wrap or partial wrap may be an option if your not feeling the purple.  

7 minutes ago, LS1boarder said:

http://www.skierspier.com/new_galleria.asp?veh=443557&pov=4829627

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get the actual picture to load. There's the link though. Hopefully that works. I love the price, but I just can't love the color. 

I didn't necessarily love the color on my boat either when I first got it. But now I think it's one of the better looking boats I have seen. "Owners goggles" will change your opinion as soon as you take your first pull. That purple looks good- not overbearing and definitely not something you see every day. I'd pull the trigger.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I think it looks great.  But I also understand you shouldn't spend that kind of coin on something you hate.  Someone mentioned pink. I don't think I could do pink but I like purple and that boat is tasteful and not obnoxious or anything.  

Yeah I might do it, or I'm trying to get another boat down in price. If I can do that, I will. It's a good thing summer is still a few months away since I'm so indecisive. Thanks for the opinions!

I dig it.  I think the purple looks great with the black.  There are a few colors I couldn't do though.  Pink and some of the rootbeer brown they came out with to name a couple.  Color is definitely a personal thing, but I think that boat looks really sharp.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Sixer said:

I dig it.  I think the purple looks great with the black.  There are a few colors I couldn't do though.  Pink and some of the rootbeer brown they came out with to name a couple.  Color is definitely a personal thing, but I think that boat looks really sharp.

Rich people must like those colors as my dealer had a poopoo brown M last year and have a pink M this year...

2 hours ago, LS1boarder said:

It has PURPLE accents! It actually looks really cool, but just not my style. It's a 23 LSV and has the purple accent on the side and a strip above on the top of the gunnel. I got to thinking, how much hassle do you think this would be to have repainted? There are no purple accents in the interior and it's really not a big area. How much would this cost? Thanks for the help! Looking to upgrade, just need to find the right boat at the right price. 

There always is another boat, as others mentioned wrapping it might be the only cost effective option.  Respraying gel would be ridiculously expensive.  If you don't really like the color I say move and keep looking.  Spring is coming and there will be more boats available.

If it is a boat you are going to live with for several seasons then I'd keep looking. I think the fact that you asked is hesitation enough not to mention you are still trying to find another.

I've actually seen this boat in person when going to pick up my own from SP. I'm normally not a huge purple fan but this amount of it works. Definitely something to consider... wrapping is always an option if you get tired of it. 

I have to tell you, that purple realy pops in accent to the black, its subtle, not over bearing and give some nice character! 

I like it!  Nice boat.